Front track bar relocation question

Yekel07

Recently took off the steering system that was on my Jeep when I bought it (was crossover steering). I replaced the knuckles back to stock ones bc they were drilled out to 5/8 and installed a Currie system. I now want to replace the adjustable track bar that is on there. I have a 4in lift and I bought a rough country adjustable track bar and it has a relocation bracket that came with it. Will it help? The drivers side mount for the track bar currently on there is also drilled out to 5/8 for the system that was on there when I bought it. I thought of using the relocation bracket and drilling the mount hole on the bracket to 5/8 so I could use the 5/8 bolt with out having to come up w a way to bring that mounting hole down to a half inch. Any help on this would be great or someone who’s come across these Jeeps that are drilled out to 5/8 on all the mounting brackets

The size of hole and bolt is not what holds things in place. Just torque to the proper specs in the stock position.

Recently took off the steering system that was on my Jeep when I bought it (was crossover steering). I replaced the knuckles back to stock ones bc they were drilled out to 5/8 and installed a Currie system. I now want to replace the adjustable track bar that is on there. I have a 4in lift and I bought a rough country adjustable track bar and it has a relocation bracket that came with it. Will it help? The drivers side mount for the track bar currently on there is also drilled out to 5/8 for the system that was on there when I bought it. I thought of using the relocation bracket and drilling the mount hole on the bracket to 5/8 so I could use the 5/8 bolt with out having to come up w a way to bring that mounting hole down to a half inch. Any help on this would be great or someone who’s come across these Jeeps that are drilled out to 5/8 on all the mounting brackets
Ideally with the Rockjock steering you want a track bar that does not use a drop bracket. Drop track bar brackets require the use of a drop pitman.

Reactions: Yekel07
There are several aftermarket track bars that use a 5/8 bolt. Currie is well regarded here. I run a Metalcloak bar with an upgraded EMF joint.

Forged adjustable 4-6 inch lift
I am not 100% familiar with that bar. Most of the RC track bars that come with a drop bracket have the frame side joint turned horizontally instead of vertical like the stock mount would need. Verify you can mount it to the stock mount.

So I checked an it seems that I’m going to have to use the mount bc like you pointed out the way the track bar is made turned horizontally. Considering I just put a ton of money into this thing and already have the drop bracket and drop pit man arm I think I’m going to just go this route for now until I can get something different. Is this a bad idea? Or should I just order a new track bar with out the mount

You will either have to order a drop pitman arm or a different track bar.
it will drive like crud and have bump steer if you do not.

I would not run the rough country 4-6 inch forged trackbar it lowers your track bar mount. Their stock to 3 is ok as it only lowers the mount around 1/4 of an inch.

If you are going to run it then you should run a dropped pitman arm. Which is not suggested.

RC got cheap with this track bar and rather than making a longer bar for their 4-6 inch kit they just use the same bar from the stock to 3 inch kit and included the drop bar. Not a good kit.

Why is it bad?
1. Your draglink is now on a different angle from your trackbar
2. it puts more stress on your trackbar upper mount.

I do run the 0-3 RC forged track bar.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford