Front Wheel Bearing / Hub Assembly / Hub & Bearing Brake Part Number?

Loopback

Supporting Member
I need to replace my Front Wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly/Hub & Bearing Brake. I see that 5016458AA has been discontinued. I see in the Mopar value line there is V2506458AA. I also see from some posts here that TIMKEN HA597449 {#5016458, 5016458AA, 53007449AC} may also be a good part. Is there a preference? What do you guys feel is better? Is there another better possibility/brand? I appreciate any feedback!!

I just replaced mine with Timken. I'm happy.

Hubs.jpg

Last edited:
I might have to change my front wheel bearing and hub but looking for the part at OReilly I see 2 hub assembly 1 is a Dorman OE Solution Axle Bearing and Hub Assembly Lifetime Warranty Part # 951-047 in the details it states Number of Splines: 26 and another Hub Assembly: Precision Wheel Hub Assembly 3 year warranty Part # 513158 states Number of Splines: 27. Which should I get?

would this work with the rubicon models? is the same part for all TJ models? should I add some spicer U-joints as well? (do you which ones? xD)

Yes, it’s the same for the Rubicon models. I would get Spicer u-joints as well. Spicer is the way to go.

If you had to replace one due to wear, should you replace both for preventative measure or just replace each when signs of wear?