Fuel Tank is Down

barrios35

New to me TJ...

I have been chasing a gas odor and finally brought down the tank. Turns out the fuel pump was completely off! Filter at the bottom that I had to fish out.

I am not sure how old the fuel pump is. Is there a way to identify a manufacture date on the pump? Should I just purchase a new fuel pump? Anything else I should change while it is down?
PXL_20210601_215145862.jpg

PXL_20210601_224735506.jpg

I'd replace it with a Bosch (only a Bosch, nothing but a Bosch)

If you have issues with the fuel cutoff when you are filling up, then search this forum and do that free fix while you are in there.

If you have issues with the fuel cutoff when you are filling up, then search this forum and do that free fix while you are in there.
Thanks.

I have not but will look at it.

Does Bosch make a whole unit? I can't seem to find a replacement.

Here is a list of what I did while mine was down recently.

If you search around, there are some recent threads on the forum about availability of the Bosch unit.

Thanks

Did you end up replacing the pump with the Bosch?

When I dropped the tank I found a Delphi in there. Then I remembered that, long ago, I had let a shop replace it for me. :rolleyes:

If I remember correctly, the Bosch units are hard to find these days. I think there are some threads about where you can still find them, but otherwise I believe that Delphi is the next best choice. But I'm a noob on here, and others will know better than I!

I checked mine and it seems to be sealed. I don't think the Bosch would be an option for me unless I find the whole new unit.

When I dropped the tank I found a Delphi in there. Then I remembered that, long ago, I had let a shop replace it for me. :rolleyes:

If I remember correctly, the Bosch units are hard to find these days. I think there are some threads about where you can still find them, but otherwise I believe that Delphi is the next best choice. But I'm a noob on here, and others will know better than I!