Fueling up problem

Brad Kotarsky

Just recently all of a sudden it is very very slow filling up the fuel tank on my 2001 Sport 4.0+5 speed. I have to feather the trigger to get anything in it otherwise the nozzle will kick off. Right after starting it up for the first time yesterday the engine light came on with the code p1486 which is the evap leak monitor. My first impression was the breather/filler hose that I had ripped apart today and found absolutally nothing wrong. Rollover valve isnt stuck. Opinions? Nothing is leaking and I dont hear anything when I stick my head under the hood and rev it.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Here she is-
2678c2d3293173d705677160e2436778.jpg

Just recently all of a sudden it is very very slow filling up the fuel tank on my 2001 Sport 4.0+5 speed. I have to feather the trigger to get anything in it otherwise the nozzle will kick off. Right after starting it up for the first time yesterday the engine light came on with the code p1486 which is the evap leak monitor. My first impression was the breather/filler hose that I had ripped apart today and found absolutally nothing wrong. Rollover valve isnt stuck. Opinions? Nothing is leaking and I dont hear anything when I stick my head under the hood and rev it.

Did you ever figure out the solution to this ?

My jeep was slow filling up since I got it 3 years ago.
I went thru all the fixes with the shop. 1ST: replaced the fuel hose with the GM part. 2nd: fixed the roll over valve in the tank. 3rd: it was the vaper tank valve was pluged, They ordered a new tank but it was the same as the one I had, sent it back. They removed the valve and cleaned it. Now with all 3 fixes I can fill the tank with the gas pump on full speed!

Reactions: KCsTJ