Full throttle issue

picketpin

So. I removed my smitty built rock slider/ step today that required lifting the body off the frame some. I got the job done and moved the jeep out of the garage and into the alley, as soon as I touched the throttle it went full throttle and I had to turn the key off. Just a little scary.. Any thoughts on what I managed to do while removing my rock guards? I', thinking something to do with a vacuum line on the canaster im back?

Appreciate your input

James

Check the throttle cable at the throttle body to make sure it is not somehow held open. Verify it moves freely with no binding.
It would have to be a fairly serious vacuum leak to cause a wide-open throttle response but just check in the engine compartment to verify all of the main vacuum lines are connected, especially the one to the brake booster as it's a big arse hose.

I checked out the throttle body and all the cables move freely and the throttle pivots smoothly. Vacuum line to brake booster is solidly connected. I have noticed that I have to open and close the throttle body to get the rpms down to normal before starting again. Its no throwing any codes at this time either.