Full timing / Airstream

We have a 29' Southwind Class A, wide body. It's a bit much for me to drive, but I could see it as a possible full timer if I can find the right place to base camp it. I flat tow the TJ with it, so it's a lot to handle.

Reactions: Wildman
No joke! Try it on the loneliest Highway in America, flat towing the TJ.

I did a Mackinaw bridge crossing in 50 MPH crosswinds. That was, um...Exciting.

636448016878892594-MACKINAC-ANNIVERSARY.jpg

Doesn't sound like fun.... I've been in some serious side winds in a semi before.

Curious as to which is better in side winds? Flat towing or trailered Jeep?

I've never flat towed my jeep...and I've never really had a problem with it on a trailer. I have friends that have flat towed tho...and they are both looking into trailers instead of flat towing...

Flat towing seems to be pretty equipment dependent. My folks flat tow their jeep and its no big deal. They have a really nice towbar with sway control, a brake buddy, etc. The guys that are looking into trailers got the cheap shittybilt towbar and are relying on the tow vehicle's brakes 100%

Reactions: Wildman
Right now? Cell phone hot spot. There are more advanced options available. The next step up is a T-Mobile home internet setup hacked with external antennas.

I was just wondering. I've got a Starlink but they just raised the monthly fee.

• Sad
Reactions: RINC
Here's a tidbit. The 27fb has 412 amp-hourrs of lithium (lifepo4) batteries. That will power the trailer for about 3.5 to 4 days. The only thing those batteries won't power is the A/C and the microwave. If the power goes out we usually don't even notice before a couple of hours. Thinking of throwing another 206 ah battery in, just for giggles.