Future proofing steering box replacement questions

The4bangertj

just because you can does not mean you should
Supporting Member
I have a Dana 30 with 33s, Currie/ Rockjock track bar, draglink, tie rod, but original oem for everything behind it (box, pump, shaft, pitman arm). My steering gear (power steering box) is leaking from the seal on the input shaft. I have put the Lucas ps fluid with leak stop in as I’ve lost fluid and the leak hasn’t stoped since. It’s been about 3 weeks doing that and no I didn’t pull any old fluid out just continuously added a small amount as it’s gone down and I’d say I’ve used about half or just over half a quart and the puddles I’m leaving have gotten smaller to almost a teaspoon size after driving and sitting over night. I don’t have time to swap anything yet so I’m still hoping the fluid stops the leak bc the play isn’t bad so if I can prolong the need to replace the box I would like that option. But if I do need to replace it, what’s my best options with hopes of running 35s?

My questions are what is the best future proof option that isn’t just replacing everything with PSC for 2k or just going to a new larres box for no possible upgrades, stock pump and PSC box? If I did that would I need to go with swepco fluid from the beginning if I wanted to do the PSC pump and cooler later? With 200k miles would replacing the steering shaft be wise to do as well?