Gas tank skid bolt is just spinning

Joe.B

TJ Enthusiast
So I’m planning on changing my fuel pump this weekend and today I was checking what bolts I was gonna have to battle with (because I live in the rust belt) all of them came loose just fine except one and it’s one of the two bolts in the front close to the axle. I’m not sure how to go about getting it off, I can get a dremel up in there and cut it off but then I can’t replace the bolt because of the was Jeep seats the bolts. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

FCA4AD0B-8568-42B6-9D51-AF17FBBDE85E.jpeg

So I’m planning on changing my fuel pump this weekend and today I was checking what bolts I was gonna have to battle with (because I live in the rust belt) all of them came loose just fine except one and it’s one of the two bolts in the front close to the axle. I’m not sure how to go about getting it off, I can get a dremel up in there and cut it off but then I can’t replace the bolt because of the was Jeep seats the bolts. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

View attachment 250373
Cut it off with a dremal,when the tank is off replace the stud,they are just lag bolts at the ace hardware store

When I was attaching mine back on one of them kept spinning freely and wouldn’t tighten. I was able to use a a plier to pull the screw down and then I tightened the nut with a wrench. Might work to take it off as well.

I would do that but I don’t think I can get the old one out and the new one in because of the way it sits in that weird hole
Pull the body mount bolts and jack up the tub. Slap some vice grips on the bolt head or cut off with a Dremel.

Cut it off with a dremal,when the tank is off replace the stud,they are just lag bolts at the ace hardware store
Oh and I had to loosen up the rear body mounts and hook a wire to the bolt and pull it through the hole
I would do that but I don’t think I can get the old one out and the new one in because of the way it sits in that weird hole
you have to jack up the tub in the rear first 2 minutes

Oh and I had to loosen up the rear body mounts and hook a wire to the bolt and pull it through the hole

you have to jack up the tub in the rear first 2 minutes
I think I taped a string to the new carriage bolts and pulled them through.the square on the bolt sits right in and you’ll have to also buy some of the round push keepers while you are there