Nebraska Gear install around central Nebraska

rows

just a new guy
Supporting Member
I’m trying to find someone to regear my LJ, that is on 35’s. I purchased a 5.38 kit from Revolution last fall with the intention of tackling it myself over the winter, but I’ve been dragging my feet to do it so I’ve decided I’ll just have someone to do for me. My problem is I can’t find a shop to do it. I’m in central Nebraska and there is little to no 4x4/ Jeep or differential shops in my area. The few shops that are have told me either it’s a bad decision to go to 5.38, want to sell me on their 4.88 combo package, or want nothing to do with my Revolution kit. I’d like to just get it regeared by someone who knows what’s going on, even if I’ve got to drive 6hrs to make it happen. Any help would be awesome!

IMG_1367.jpeg

Reactions: hosejockey61
Where in Central are you? Worst case go to Omaha.. Call Toby at Torc Motorsports..I had a shop here in Lincoln do my gears yrs ago and they took the axles to Lincoln Clutch and Brake for install. Dont believe they install on the jeep or not. Could also call them. I did Revolution gears and shafts also.

I know that the dodge dealer here in Lincoln might do them .Last fall they were installing trusses on a jk and regear so the owner could run 40's

I’m trying to find someone to regear my LJ, that is on 35’s. I purchased a 5.38 kit from Revolution last fall with the intention of tackling it myself over the winter, but I’ve been dragging my feet to do it so I’ve decided I’ll just have someone to do for me. My problem is I can’t find a shop to do it. I’m in central Nebraska and there is little to no 4x4/ Jeep or differential shops in my area. The few shops that are have told me either it’s a bad decision to go to 5.38, want to sell me on their 4.88 combo package, or want nothing to do with my Revolution kit. I’d like to just get it regeared by someone who knows what’s going on, even if I’ve got to drive 6hrs to make it happen. Any help would be awesome!

View attachment 509360

How far are you from Mullen? That's where my family is at. I'm 4 hours ish from there.

• Love
Reactions: hear
Where in Central are you? Worst case go to Omaha.. Call Toby at Torc Motorsports..I had a shop here in Lincoln do my gears yrs ago and they took the axles to Lincoln Clutch and Brake for install. Dont believe they install on the jeep or not. Could also call them. I did Revolution gears and shafts also.

I’m in Holdrege. I called Torc, got the told they couldn’t in the master kit I have, which sucks but I get it. They’re gonna look to see if he can get a Revolution kit from one their distributors. I guess if he can, that’s most likely where I’ll take it and I’ll post a deal a NIB kit on the exchange.

How far are you from Mullen? That's where my family is at. I'm 4 hours ish from there.

I’m probably 2 hrs from Mullen. I’m pretty much right in the middle of Nebraska just off the interstate. I’m willing to drive or trailer it just about wherever if I have to, as I haven’t had any luck finding someone/place to do it, especially using the kit I’ve already purchased.

Torc Motor in Omaha is 3.5hrs east. So far they’re the only place, that I haven’t had to convince that I want 5.38s. But, I’ll have to buy another kit from them if they can find a Revolution set.

I’m probably 2 hrs from Mullen. I’m pretty much right in the middle of Nebraska just off the interstate. I’m willing to drive or trailer it just about wherever if I have to, as I haven’t had any luck finding someone/place to do it, especially using the kit I’ve already purchased.

Torc Motor in Omaha is 3.5hrs east. So far they’re the only place, that I haven’t had to convince that I want 5.38s. But, I’ll have to buy another kit from them if they can find a Revolution set.

When are you looking to have it done? We could knock it out in a day and a half. It would be even easier if you pulled the axles and left the Jeep. That doesn't take long at all to do. If you're interested, PM me and we can figure out a timeframe.

When are you looking to have it done? We could knock it out in a day and a half. It would be even easier if you pulled the axles and left the Jeep. That doesn't take long at all to do. If you're interested, PM me and we can figure out a timeframe.

I'm 12 hrs from CO Springs and I would absolutely load up my axles if I were in his shoes. Oh wait, I am in his shoes... :hmmm:

Reactions: rows

PM inbound.

Reactions: deadbeat son