Gear Pattern Check

Can you take a pic of the pinion head looking straight at it?

Here you go!

IMG_9242.jpeg

IMG_9238.jpeg

IMG_9243.jpeg

Your pinion head shows slightly shallow (inverse of ring gear), and your ring gear I would say is slightly deep. My guess is you are good to go. What gears are these?

Your pinion head shows slightly shallow (inverse of ring gear), and your ring gear I would say is slightly deep. My guess is you are good to go. What gears are these?

Unfortunately they're yukon or whatever they decided to put in the box that day… Leave it is as?

Ok cleaned everything up and made sure everything was seated. Backlash is 8 thou. the pinion is at 26 thou, I can take out 2 thou if needed

IMG_9250.jpeg

IMG_9251.jpeg

IMG_9252.jpeg

IMG_9253.jpeg

IMG_9254.jpeg

IMG_9255.jpeg

IMG_9256.jpeg

IMG_9257.jpeg

The difference between your drive and coast side patterns is enough that I would want to make a decent size change to see where things are. I would take 5 thou out just to see what is going on. It'll move the patterns enough to give me an idea.

Yours is one of these axles that is like to have my hands on to see what's going on with it.

Reactions: Blackjack
The difference between your drive and coast side patterns is enough that I would want to make a decent size change to see where things are. I would take 5 thou out just to see what is going on. It'll move the patterns enough to give me an idea.

Yours is one of these axles that is like to have my hands on to see what's going on with it.
Took out exactly 5 thou, getting a lot of practice lol

IMG_9267.jpeg

IMG_9266.jpeg

IMG_9265.jpeg

IMG_9264.jpeg

IMG_9263.jpeg

IMG_9262.jpeg

IMG_9261.jpeg

IMG_9259.jpeg

IMG_9260.jpeg

Ok, so what I'm seeing is that you can get a decent pattern on one side or the other (Yukon quality nowadays). Focus on the drive side. Add 3 thou and let's see it. You will probably be as good as it can get. If you can do 2 thou try that.

Reactions: Longwhitejeep
Ok, so what I'm seeing is that you can get a decent pattern on one side or the other (Yukon quality nowadays). Focus on the drive side. Add 3 thou and let's see it. You will probably be as good as it can get. If you can do 2 thou try that.

Yeah this seems to be a regular occurrence with Yukon nowadays. Mike is correct, focus as best you can on the drive side.

added 3 thou, backlash is 9 thou. I appreciate the feedback!

IMG_9277.jpeg

IMG_9276.jpeg

IMG_9275.jpeg

IMG_9271.jpeg

IMG_9270.jpeg

IMG_9269.jpeg