Genright TJ to LJ Conversion

Apparition

Moab JuneFest 2024
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
So who's buying one?

eba414d4-c68c-d8e5-7062-08f3b9037251.jpg

cool that it comes with shocks already outboarded. EDIT: I guess those are probably coilover mounts since I don't see any upper spring perches. 🤦‍♂️

I'm still satisfied with the conversion route I took...which was to just buy an LJ, move everything I wanted from the TJ to the LJ, and then sell the TJ.

Last edited:
2k just for the frame section, unwelded.

Gotta source your own tj or lj tub to cut up for the roof rails, floor and tub side. Or use their $2k tub liner still gotta source your own roof rails, then you also need their corner armor for 800.

Easily 5k to do it genrights way.

2k just for the frame section, unwelded.

Gotta source your own tj or lj tub to cut up for the roof rails, floor and tub side. Or use their $2k tub liner still gotta source your own roof rails, then you also need their corner armor for 800.

Easily 5k to do it genrights way.
Yes, that's going to add up quick.

Reactions: Wildman
For someone like me who doesn't mind the frame work, but hates the body and finish work. You could easily utilize your existing frame section by splicing in a plug similar to the TJ6 and then purchase the GR body section and corner guards and have a nice TJ6. TJ to LJ body section + corner guards would be about $2700, not bad to get the room of an LJ without the 5" hangover in the rear.

Bunch of other things will add up, outbd shocks if you already don't have, longer sliders, roll cage modification, new top, etc..... but not a bad way to get that extra room and wheelbase without that overhang.

Reactions: Wildman
For someone like me who doesn't mind the frame work, but hates the body and finish work. You could easily utilize your existing frame section by splicing in a plug similar to the TJ6 and then purchase the GR body section and corner guards and have a nice TJ6. TJ to LJ body section + corner guards would be about $2700, not bad to get the room of an LJ without the 5" hangover in the rear.

Bunch of other things will add up, outbd shocks if you already don't have, longer sliders, roll cage modification, new top, etc..... but not a bad way to get that extra room and wheelbase without that overhang.
Kinda what I was thinking too. The body kit might be a nice way to handle the project.

and longer rear driveshaft. Interesting though.

Haven't paid much attention to Genright although I drive by them probably once a week. It's great that this is job one with JK and JL projects sitting on the shelf. I think I completely missed the whole, we build custom frames for Jeeps now. I must be living under a rock. It sounds like they are going to make a regular LJ version and their own stretch version which is highlighted in the video. Funny that LJ prices are so ridiculous this makes any sense. Thanks for posting this @Apparition, never thought I'd make it through an hour of GR BS but here I am with 5 minutes left in the video.

Haven't paid much attention to Genright although I drive by them probably once a week. It's great that this is job one with JK and JL projects sitting on the shelf. I think I completely missed the whole, we build custom frames for Jeeps now. I must be living under a rock. It sounds like they are going to make a regular LJ version and their own stretch version which is highlighted in the video. Funny that LJ prices are so ridiculous this makes any sense. Thanks for posting this @Apparition, never thought I'd make it through an hour of GR BS but here I am with 5 minutes left in the video.
Glad you liked it. I saw it in their email, I’d have rather seen a discount code.

It’s pretty cool that they’re still developing parts for model, even if some are super expensive. Partnering with a company to build high end highline hoods, rolling LS tracer frames, I enjoy window shopping on their site

Does this conversion move the rear axle back farther than an LJ?

Does this conversion move the rear axle back farther than an LJ?
The one in the video did, it was basically their tracer rear stretch, it sounded like they’re we’re going to offer two options, regular LJ and stretch. The one in the video was set up for coil overs