Getting discouraged...

Sadly (assuming male) at some point you’ll be eating dick for days.
Worth quoting again. :ROFLMAO:

funny-as-fuck-fucking-funny.gif

Found the problem. Jeep's been slowly using coolant, despite a bypassed heater core. Yesterday, the level was WAY down in the puke bottle. I topped it up. Today, it was back down about where it was yesterday - and the Jeep hadn't been started/run/driven. GOTCHA! Sure enough, pinhole in the bottom seam of the puke bottle.
See, the Jeep was helping you out. If the rear shocks went smooth you would have struggled finding that pin hole….trying to look for a bright side. Hang in there

I’ve been working on an 06 Unlimited since April. I put in a crown OPDA and the cam position sensor was bad. I did a tune up and the radiator started leaking so I refreshed the cooling system, then the fuel pump died. Now I’m Putting in a new Bosch pump tonight. I hate jeeps right now too.
Well at least Jeep parts are cheaper now (if you believe pagrey).

I google it.
Fucking hell. Soy based.
I thought you were kidding!
Had mice chewing up wires when I lived on the ranch.

I wired up 2 bars of Irish Spring soap under the hood and they pissed right off. Every time I was the Jeep, I rinse off the bars and it has kept them out for years.

Reactions: Zorba
@Zorba , don’t be down little camper.

You need the book I found years ago- Daily Meditations for Miserable People that want to stay that way.

its a real book with jewels of hope like-

- the winds of change are coming into my life, covering me with germs and disease

- I don’t have to fear for the future to bring pain, life pretty much sucks right now

- life is but a harbor, in which I’ll probably be found floating face down

- everyone needs something from me, and most need me to stay away

- when write down my thoughts , not only do I see they are stupid, i notice I have really bad penmanship

- the future isn’t hopeless, things are pretty much over right now

-everytime fate closes a door, it opens a window, then pees out of it onto my life

Seriously, man I have played so much whack a mole with mine Zorba I don’t even know why I’m so attached to it. Definitely give it time.

Last edited:
If you’re not mechanically inclined and don’t enjoy working on vehicles. I wouldn’t recommend any 16 year old or plus vehicle. I actually like working on mine that’s part of the fun for me. They are really easy to work on compared to most vehicles.

If you’re not mechanically inclined and don’t enjoy working on vehicles. I wouldn’t recommend any 16 year old or plus vehicle. I actually like working on mine that’s part of the fun for me. They are really easy to work on compared to most vehicles.
That has actually become a lot of the joy of ownership to me.. But it can go both ways.

Reactions: Wildman
Oh yea - I'm much better now - thanx to a sympathetic audience and good words here. Doesn't mean I won't be cussing the thing again, but it helped that the oil leak quit when I put the ass end back on the ground, and I finally know why the coolant level is going down. Wife helped a lot as well, after 37 years, we both know how to calm each other down!

So now I have an inconsequential transmission front seal leak - I'll just need to keep an eye on the fluid level. BTDT before. Transmission (NSG370) is gonna have to be rebuilt at some point anyway.

Yea, I'm used to my old Mercedes, and the ones I was involved with before that one. I pretty much know what to expect with one of that vintage, as well as the usual plethora of Chevy/GMC and Ford trucks in my life. They all have their stupidities, and the Jeep has its own stupidities - and strengths. Gotta keep that in perspective!

Besides, it could be worse. A guy about 3 blocks from my house has a deuce and a half that he apparently just bought. I drool every time I go past it...
A deucey with a healthy Whistler could be way cool !
But just stay the course man ! Everything would be more expensive, and at the end of the day it is still not a Jeep !
Besides , someone needs to break the trail and swap in a Jimmy 351 or 478 and add fuel injection !
Besides I know you can afford it , just look at your heel collection !:p

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
A deucey with a healthy Whistler could be way cool !
But just stay the course man ! Everything would be more expensive, and at the end of the day it is still not a Jeep !
Besides , someone needs to break the trail and swap in a Jimmy 351 or 478 and add fuel injection !
Besides I know you can afford it , just look at your heel collection !:p
Snort! I actually only have the one pair of heels - they look cool with the "EGA" costume I bought them for, but that's about it. Cool, but uncomfortable as Hell! Now if you want to talk about dance veils (not to be confused with face veils like the one in my avatar) - one of my dance sisters recently called me a "Veil Whore". When I reported this "insult" to my wife, she said "She's right, you *are* a veil whore!". What? Doesn't everybody have at least 25 veils?!?

But yea, every time we drive past it, I comment on "my truck" - but like I tell the wife: "and I was complaining about the Jeep?!?" But I bet there's room under the hood for a Twin-Six!

I'd like to see a 305/351 in a Jeep - if one could manage to support the weight of the thing - I'd think it would fit pretty well what with the sparkplug locations. An update to fuel injection would be awesome! Couple it to an SM-420 with a splitter, and it would be unbeatable on the rocks. And cost more than a 392 Rubicon by the time you were done building it.

A deuce-1/2 would be wonderful for pulling a large 5th wheel methinks.

Last edited:
I’m all about the low maintenance vehicle.

I want to put gas into it and turn the key.

My 2006 Silverado LBZ diesel only needs the oil changes ever 10k miles. I’ve literally changed the oil 6 times in 15 years.
It is a Chevy. Be ready, when they go down, it is hard. Unlike Fords that just milk you dry along the way

Reactions: TheBoogieman