Getting frustrated with cali

mtngoattj

TJ Enthusiast
Ol i was looking for a few trails to run with my 2 boys this summer camp fish you know the good ol out doors. Well start looking and seems like everything is closed slick rock dear valley as of now niagra rim were the hell can i go ?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I have been checking the us forest directory some say storm damage slick rock tell 2018

There's storm damage, and then there's storm damage. I'd go, explore a little and see just how damaged the trails really are. Just make sure you don't end up riding a slide all the way to the bottom of the hill.

There are more open trails in California than I could run in the next hundred years. EXCELLENT trails, I don't know anything about NOCAL trails other than the Rubicon but there are plenty of SOCAL trails to hit. My guess is that Calif. has more open offroad trails than any other state.

What level of trails? Have you thought about joining a Jeep club which would be full of knowledgeable members?

Reactions: Chris and StG58
Im in nor cal area niagra rim slick rock deer valley are all with in 1and 1/2 hrs of my house. Funny you bring up clubs there are really none on my area

When I checked a couple weeks ago there were a bunch of trails closed due to storm damage, flooding, trees down, etc. And with all the snow this year, the forestry service will be delayed in getting things cleaned up.

Guess we need to find new places to explore. I'm in to search as soon as I get my broke ass jeep going again.

Lemme know bob i am ready work is driving me crazy right now might go postal if i dont get out soon

Dang just watched some video on eagle lakes looks like fun

There was so much show when we went, that we didn't even make it to Eagle lakes. Turned back right after grouse lake ridge, then went up grouse lake ridge trail the next day. Also did pierce ohv trail, which ended in a ton of snow, and another trail right by it that we turned around because of a 8 ft snow bank. The whole area is a blast