GMRS antenna adapter for Firering style CB connection

Mitchrb1

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So, I am finally switching over to GMRS and installing the Midland MXT275 radio. I had a Firering style cable previously with the CB mounted on a tail light mount. This has a 1/2 inch hole that a 3/8 inch stainless bolt goes through and 2 plastic sleaves to reduce to 3/8 to hold it in place and a 3 ft Firefly on top with a spring. I've seen few switch over from the PL 259 style but not the old Firering.

Has anyone converted over from the old Firering to the NMO style fitting and if so what adapter works? Or am i just running a new cable?

20240213_141143.jpg

So, I am finally switching over to GMRS and installing the Midland MXT275 radio. I had a Firering style cable previously with the CB mounted on a tail light mount. This has a 1/2 inch hole that a 3/8 inch stainless bolt goes through and 2 plastic sleaves to reduce to 3/8 to hold it in place and a 3 ft Firefly on top with a spring. I've seen few switch over from the PL 259 style but not the old Firering.

Has anyone converted over from the old Firering to the NMO style fitting and if so what adapter works? Or am i just running a new cable?

View attachment 500379

https://www.arcantenna.com/products...ntenna-roof-mount-17-ft-no-cable-no-connector