GoFund me: Saving Mila

Kyle_W

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I cannot drive through run-down neighborhoods because then I want to pick up every single stray animal I see, and I also cannot go on GoFundMe.com because then I can't fathom spending money on myself when certain people with medical needs need money more than I do.

This is a well documented non-profit organization started by her mother to help save her daughter. I always just hope that even a little bit of money that I donate (I donated $100) will help someone else more than keeping the money will help me.

Wanting to share her GoFundMe page and maybe ya'll will help out too?

https://www.gofundme.com/savingmila...ampaign_title&utm_campaign=donation_receiptv5

Reactions: Chris
I've always said that if I won PowerBall, I'd keep half of the winnings and use it to set all of my family and relatives up.

I would take the other half and give it to people in need, but not by means of a charity. I would literally dedicate a good portion of my life to seeking out actual people in need and giving it to them in person. I don't want someone else to do my charitable work for me, I want to do it myself.

This sounds like a good non-profit organization. There's so many out there that it's really hard to choose just one. I think that first and foremost, you've got to take care of yourself and your family. If you have the means to go above and beyond that (like some people do), then you should absolutely help out people in need.

I've always said that if I won PowerBall, I'd keep half of the winnings and use it to set all of my family and relatives up.

I would take the other half and give it to people in need, but not by means of a charity. I would literally dedicate a good portion of my life to seeking out actual people in need and giving it to them in person. I don't want someone else to do my charitable work for me, I want to do it myself.

This sounds like a good non-profit organization. There's so many out there that it's really hard to choose just one. I think that first and foremost, you've got to take care of yourself and your family. If you have the means to go above and beyond that (like some people do), then you should absolutely help out people in need.

I hold a very similar philosophy. What bothers me is the amount of money that people spend on brand new corvettes, on those worthless trashy magazines that are at the front at HEB, and on expensive designer clothing. All of that money could be put towards people who actually need it. It infuriates me so much.

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
I hold a very similar philosophy. What bothers me is the amount of money that people spend on brand new corvettes, on those worthless trashy magazines that are at the front at HEB, and on expensive designer clothing. All of that money could be put towards people who actually need it. It infuriates me so much.

We as human beings are consumers, and most of us are extremely materialistic as well. No one is perfect (myself included), but I definitely agree that there is a whole lot of people these days who could certainly be doing better than they are in terms of giving back.

However, a similar discussion once came up and it was @VirtualRussel who pointed out to me that there are many charitable organizations out there who are giving back much more than we hear about. The problem is that you never hear about it, because the news only reports on negative things (because negativity is what sells).

I can't remember the name of the place, but it was health related, and @VirtualRussel brought it to my attention.

Yeah, it was that thread back in the summer. It got a little political, but it was a good thread. You started the thread @Chris. cannot for the life of me remember why, but it had to do with kids and making sure all kids had what they needed or something like that.

Reactions: Kyle_W
Yeah, it was that thread back in the summer. It got a little political, but it was a good thread. You started the thread @Chris. cannot for the life of me remember why, but it had to do with kids and making sure all kids had what they needed or something like that.

That was the thread. Bottom line is that there is far more good out there in the world than people realize. You just won't hear about it from the news, because their business is ratings, and good news doesn't sell (fact).

I remember that thread too. And, I do indeed believe that more people donate than is obvious!

However, I guess the fact that such ludicrous luxuries exist is what bothers me. Yachts and private planes and expensive as hell fashion items.

If those items were purchased after we take care of people who actually need help (not people who cheat the system, those people need to be imprisoned in my opinion), then in my opinion, there's absolutely nothing wrong with blowing money on whatever you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with that is that you really don't want the government telling you what you can and can't do with your own money. So then it becomes an issue of moral compass and greed. Most of these guys like Bill Gates who are billionaires, they give back plenty. Sure, they're still loaded, but they're good people with good intentions. Do they need all those yachts, cool cars, luxury items, etc.? No, they don't need them, but when you build a successful company from the ground up, you deserve to reap the benefits of that.

But again, you can still be rich, live a good life, and give back.

I'm just saying that if I was a billionaire, I'd be the guy who went out on the front lines and gave back. I don't want to just hand my money off to someone and have them do with it as they see fit. I want to give it to the people who need it myself.