Going from a 4 inch lift to a 2 inch lift

rockbottom

Decision made, going back to 2”
Not happy with 4” lift

Thinking about the 2” OME kit or just piecing together the parts
Thinking Moog 2” springs. OEM drop links, OEM control arms, Rancho shocks

I think I will also need an OEM relocation bracket for the rear
I have none of the original parts. the lift was on my TJ rubicon when I bought it

I plan to also replace the bump stops and remove the transfer case 1” lowering spacers

Am I on the right track?
Anybody have part numbers or advice on what to do or not do?

Thanks ahead

I assume the "relocation bracket" for the rear is referring to the track bar? If so, usually the lift bracket just bolts on to the original bracket so all you need to do is take it off and bolt the track bar on where it was before the lift.

If you have aftermarket adjustable track bars, make sure they're not for 4"+ lift or they may be too long, or create interference problems and kill your uptravel. Can't go back to stock for the front though, because I think all of them require drilling out the frame end mount for a large bolt. I took a 4" down to 2" before and had to buy another aftermarket track bar.

Reactions: MikeE024
Thanks for the advice

Ill look at the rear bracket more closely and at the front track bar assembly

What is a good aftermarket adjustable trackbar for this conversion

I live in mississippi and no rock limbing is in my future. Most use is not requiring much axle articulation

This is nee to me as im an old CJ7 owner too

Thanks for the advice

Ill look at the rear bracket more closely and at the front track bar assembly

What is a good aftermarket adjustable trackbar for this conversion

I live in mississippi and no rock limbing is in my future. Most use is not requiring much axle articulation

This is nee to me as im an old CJ7 owner too

The JKS ogs126 (1-3.5" lift) would be good, Rockjock would be better because the bar is offset from the frame end joint to make more room for the diff cover. The JKS is what I put on the one I took from 4 to 2, because I was using the Rockjock on another jeep and didn't want to spend the extra $$$.

Reactions: MikeE024
Decision made, going back to 2”
Not happy with 4” lift

Thinking about the 2” OME kit or just piecing together the parts
Thinking Moog 2” springs. OEM drop links, OEM control arms, Rancho shocks

I think I will also need an OEM relocation bracket for the rear
I have none of the original parts. the lift was on my TJ rubicon when I bought it

I plan to also replace the bump stops and remove the transfer case 1” lowering spacers

Am I on the right track?
Anybody have part numbers or advice on what to do or not do?

Thanks ahead

Keep us updated on this, I’m looking to drop by ’04 X from 4”to 2” also. Not many rocks to climb in Florida.

I have a 2 inch OME lift on 31.6 inch tires. Curie control arms and a minimal tummy tuck. It has been perfect for what I do. Fire roads, old mining roads, an occasional rock. We went through some pretty knarly stuff today without difficulty. I have resisted the siren call for higher lift, bigger tires, etc. This is perfect for me.

I am putting a Rancho 2.5” 6305B lift kit to match the Rancho RS5000x shocks. It came with a rear track bar relication bracket, and my lil guy helped me drill it out and bolt it in last night. It also came with 4 adj lower control arms, Front and Rear.

Rubicon Express has adj Upper control arm sets super cheap in Amazon for ~$100 i grabbed also to make sure my pinion angle is good

I have new red Prothane bushings arriving today to press in with my 20ton press. Hopefully these are correct
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003AVSF62?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image
8C1RK3v.jpg

Decided to go with OME 2” lift and remove zone 4”

Im going to get factory design control arms front and back and sway bars links to remove the zone 4” arms and links

Thinking detroit axle or dorman mfg
Any better choices?

what is the logical order of disassembly?
Assume one side at a time
Sway bar link
Control arm
Spring

Also plan to replace bump stops front and back

Whats a goo choice for bump stop
material?

I just installed a RC F front adjustable track bar and have axle centered. Should i disconnect it for the lift swap out?

Any other guidance from experience

Drivability won't change. My rig with a 4" suspension lift and 2" body lift drives just as good as a stock rig.