Good deal?

NWL0000

Going to look at an ‘04 Rubicon tomorrow, looks fairly modified, not sure yet what all is done to it but I know he used it for off roading. It’s a manual and has 110,000 miles.
My wife works for a construction company in the office and mentioned I was looking for a Jeep for a weekend vehicle, he mentioned he had one that didn’t use very much anymore and would consider selling. Said he would sell for around $9k. Here are a couple quick pics he gave her from a couple years ago.
My brother is a huge Jeep person and said if I didn’t get it he would fly out and buy it but I know he gets carried away sometimes. The guy always keeps the Jeep in the garage and always kept it covered so it shouldn’t have too much rust if any.

6E8D3D71-88D3-453F-8BF7-B93CE270B5BB.jpeg

BB2F7D87-1D06-42CB-A2EF-F7CA050A2140.jpeg

I imagine it’s a southern vehicle so the rust should be pretty mild if any... I would just check underneath and look for any leaks or “unnecessary” welds and take it for a drive... looks like he/she was running pretty big tires so see if any upgrades have been done to the gears.. for that mileage and being a Rubicon that’s a very good price.. makes me think there may be something that’s wrong that he’s not telling.... good luck

Awesome thanks, I appreciate the insight. Looking forward to getting involved in the Jeep world. I will update with what I find out tomorrow; he hadn’t listed it, just heard I was looking for one and mentioned he may sell; they are very well off so I doubt he needs the money.

Awesome thanks, I appreciate the insight. Looking forward to getting involved in the Jeep world. I will update with what I find out tomorrow; he hadn’t listed it, just heard I was looking for one and mentioned he may sell; they are very well off so I doubt he needs the money.
Yes good luck.. keep us posted... we need another person to join our party that we can make buy all the cool stuff for his or her jeep😂

Hard top too, if it looks good and you decide you want it try to move fast. If he does decide to list it and rust free frame it will likely move fast.

Good luck, I imagine you have read about rust inside the frames. Put fingers in the frame holes and feel around. If clean and drives nice might be a keeper, looks nice.

Reactions: Hog
It won't be $9,000 once he finds out what it's worth.

Yes good luck.. keep us posted... we need another person to join our party that we can make buy all the cool stuff for his or her jeep😂
Absolutely, we are running out of money.

I don't think your brother is exaggerating. I'd do the same for a rust free Rubicon.

For perspective, I paid 9800 for my 04 Rubicon, with more miles (126k) and less mods (it was factory stock). Mine wasn't rust free either...