Good Morning Jeepers!

baustin6

Just joined and looking for experiences to help me upgrade/mod my 2004 LJ. Attached a photo here. It is somewhat started, but working on the dash area next. Look for my questions soon enough.
Wrangler LJ.JPG

Just joined and looking for experiences to help me upgrade/mod my 2004 LJ. Attached a photo here. It is somewhat started, but working on the dash area next. Look for my questions soon enough.View attachment 6800
Oooooo...I like the yellow with the black grille! That looks real nice. I also have tube bumpers & like how they look on your Jeep with the Ravine wheels. That's one sweet TJ man. Welcome to the forum.

Very good looking LJ. You can never go wrong with yellow on black. Looks very, very sharp!

And bigger tires :D
Or stock flares... no offense, never been a fan of those. Just my lousy opinion...
Even still, very lovely ride!
I have the same front bumper and I'll vouch for it. Long story... I accidentally started mine in gear while standing outside of the Jeep. It climbed up the back then on top of my 99' outback sport. Only dinged the bumper a bit lol. Ya shoulda seen the other guy!

It all worked out though, otherwise my new to me of 2 weeks TJ woulda been down the hill, through the chicken coop, in the woods, who knows, wrapped around a tree? coulda been really bad! A couple of weeks later I got a recall notice...
Whatever the sensor/switch is called "vehicle may start while in gear"

I take that back, my bumpers slightly different.

IMG_20160325_175351077_zps9du6ure1.jpg

If you zoom in you can see on the passenger side bottom tube about where the grill starts there's a rust spot and a white mark. Those are the dings that demolished the ass end of the Roo lol

Reactions: Chris
Tires are coming this spring with a 4" lift and 33" tires. That should get it a little closer to where I want it to be. Meanwhile, Here are the photos of the work in progress to date. They should be roughly in chronological order. The first ones are when I bought her. Already pulled the entire dash board out to spray bed liner, those photos will be uploaded shortly.
LJ1.jpg
TJ2.JPG
TJ3.JPG
TJ4.JPG
TJ5.JPG
TJ6.JPG
TJ7.JPG
TJ8.JPG
TJ9.JPG
TJ10.JPG
TJ11.JPG
TJ12.JPG
TJ13.JPG
TJ14.JPG
TJ15.JPG
TJ16.JPG
TJ17.JPG
TJ18.JPG
TJ19.JPG
TJ20.JPG
TJ21.JPG
TJ22.JPG
TJ23.JPG
TJ24.JPG
TJ25.JPG
TJ26.JPG
TJ27.JPG
TJ28.JPG
TJ29.JPG

Be careful when offroading not to run those particular fender flares into anything, they're molded from a rather brittle crack-prone plastic.

More of the progress photos. Got the dash off. Ready now to clean, prime and paint the dash parts. Radio upgrades showed up too.
TJ35.JPG
TJ36.JPG
TJ37.JPG
TJ38.JPG
TJ39.JPG
TJ40.JPG

Is that bedliner or paint on the inside of the tub?
That is Bed Liner, Rustoleum's Truck Bed Coating (Photo of the cans is above in the photo stream I posted). Holds up pretty well, but needs a little touching up here and there where I scraped it with a pallet.