Good news!! My wife finally is on board

Naa, she doesn't want a Jeep. She wants me to get a JKU because lord knows why. I wouldn't mind a free Rubicon one that was already lifted and regeared, but I'm not dropping that kind of money.

Reactions: StG58
Ok so the good news is my wife has Finally got the Jeep bug!
The BAD news is she wants me to get a 4 door JK.
As far as capacity, if that's her issue, I thought about this for a long time because we're a 7 member family. But in the end we couldn't all get in there legally anyway. So a TJ was the way to go, I can take 3 kids and even 5 one time when we had to go to town, they're small. And besides, it's not about carrying people, it's about getting away from them! LOL. Also, isn't it going to be your Jeep? I don't get what my wife wants for me. I ask her opinion, consider it, and do what I want!

We have a 5 month old. So I bought my wife a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. That's our family vehicle, and what we use for grocery shopping and etc.

The TJ is mine, and my daily driver.

I say let the wife drive the larger vehicle, and us men drive the nicer one :)

I know I'll get roasted here but honestly the JKU is a pretty sweet ride. It's not a TJ to be sure but if you want middle ground between our "a couple cuts above a dune buggy" and "a timed window soccer mom suburban", you could do worse.

Then of course you can STILL get a TJ for yourself and you guys can be you-all cute with your Jeep family!!!!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Reactions: StG58 and Rob5589
My wife and I both agree the JKU would make a fantastic family vehicle, having 4 doors and all.

However, there isn't a chance in hell I would sell my TJ for a JK. Would I own both, hell yes! But after driving plenty of JKs and spending time around plenty of friends JKs, it wouldn't be something I would sell the TJ for.

If you do get one, be prepared to empty your pockets even more if you start modding it. My god, parts for the JK are literally double what they cost for the TJ!

And with the price of the JKU's, you HAVE to have a hefty down payment to be able to afford it monthly.

Damn those things are wicked expensive.

We have a tinted window soccer mom suburban for grocery shopping and such and the Tj is my daily driver/play toy. My wife wants a h3 or jku but prices are high and being self employed right now doesn't help much lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naa, she doesn't want a Jeep. She wants me to get a JKU because lord knows why...
My girlfriend "doesn't want dessert". But she wants me to get a dessert for some reason, even though I don't eat dessert... :)

We're kinda in the same boat, except I like JKU's, and there is a bit of a price different between a JKU and dessert.

My girlfriend "doesn't want dessert". But she wants me to get a dessert for some reason, even though I don't eat dessert... :)

We're kinda in the same boat, except I like JKU's, and there is a bit of a price different between a JKU and dessert.

Yeah just a few bucks difference :beer-toast1::beer-toast1:

Same scenario, but spousal unit knew that the SE wasn't going anywhere, so now she has JKU. Absolutely loves it. But one Wrangler is mine and one is hers. One gets down and dirty in the tight spots and one doesn't. It's going to allow me to do mods to my TJ that I couldn't have before she got her JKU. We share, but rarely.

I know I'll get roasted here but honestly the JKU is a pretty sweet ride. It's not a TJ to be sure but if you want middle ground between our "a couple cuts above a dune buggy" and "a timed window soccer mom suburban", you could do worse.

Then of course you can STILL get a TJ for yourself and you guys can be you-all cute with your Jeep family!!!!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Roasted? Nope. It actually makes good sense if you ignore the money involved in a JK/U. You have your Jeep for your purposes, and wife has her Jeep for her purposes. You both have Jeeps. Not seeing a downside here.

My wife and I both agree the JKU would make a fantastic family vehicle, having 4 doors and all.

However, there isn't a chance in hell I would sell my TJ for a JK. Would I own both, hell yes! But after driving plenty of JKs and spending time around plenty of friends JKs, it wouldn't be something I would sell the TJ for.

If you do get one, be prepared to empty your pockets even more if you start modding it. My god, parts for the JK are literally double what they cost for the TJ!

TJ's and JK's are related but different. TJ's are easy and JK's are hard. TJ's are cheap and JK's are expensive. TJ's are simple and JK's are complex. TJ's are small and JK's are big. TJ's are old school and JK's are high tech.

One of the biggest differences between the TJ and the JK is, you don't mod them the same way. That point is important.

If the JK is anywhere near as reliable and long lived as the TJ's are, they are still a good deal even though they are expensive as all hell.

lol, ya. I know what you're saying. Your girlfriend doesn't want dessert, but she would be happy to have a couple of bites of yours, right? Since you have it anyway, and shouldn't eat the whole thing, and it looks tasty, and it's just a couple of bites, and...

I empathize, story of my life. Eventually you will end up telling her to buy her own dessert, or just ordering it for her, so you can have your dessert in peace. Same thing with Jeeps.

Ouch! I know the conundrum, my wife finally got the Jeep bug in a big way but it took a few years. I gave her 1997 Grand Cherokee when we lived in the Idaho pan handle region. Those things just eat snow like nobodies business. She almost fell in love with my last LJ but the hassle of loading a car seat in and out of the back was a deal breaker. Fast forward to 2016 and she fell in love with the Renegade of all things. Blasphemy for a TJ guy but if it makes her happy, happy to the point of telling me I need to get my TJ lifted and outfitted for serious off roading and "Krawling" and giving me the blessing to drop 10k+ in the process then I say God Bless the little Renegades heart. Hopefully your story will have a similar happy ending.

Reactions: Blank and StG58
20150608_202003.jpg
20151115_155736.jpg
20150905_154226.jpg
I won't lie I like my JKUR as much as my LJ. The LJ cost just as much to mod, don't be fooled. However, I absolutely will not take it down those skinny pinstriping trails like I will the LJ. It cost way to much to scratch up. I do plan on taking it to the rubicon after I get the lift on. And it has so much power!

Reactions: lindsey97 and StG58
Roasted? Nope. It actually makes good sense if you ignore the money involved in a JK/U. You have your Jeep for your purposes, and wife has her Jeep for her purposes. You both have Jeeps. Not seeing a downside here.

Agreed! We're a split family with my wife having a JKU and I have my LJ (we have joint custody of the CJ). Even if she had a TJ/LJ she wasn't going to take it off-road. She loves the Jeep lifestyle but also likes her luxuries. Of course, right after I bought it, she made me get a lift and 33s for her.