Got me a new shooter - SIG Sauer P227 Carry with SRT

CybrSlydr

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
So I sold my P229 and used the funds to get a brand-spanking new P227 Carry. Fun part? Guy at the shop had a Short Reset Trigger (SRT) and had their gunsmith install it at cost.

49597952698_2b46b50a72_h.jpg

49597938753_72d8c3a0a0_h.jpg

49598435161_58347cbd36_h.jpg

Got it for one helluva good price too. Out the door for $800 - and a good 3/4 of that was from the P229 sale. Honestly couldn't believe the deal.

Very nice. I'm a Glock guy myself but if I were to get a DA/SA pistol it would probably be a SIG.

Reactions: CybrSlydr
I have one just like it. Nice gun, but to be honest the SRT takes a bit to get used to. It is ....... different.

• Haha
Reactions: CybrSlydr
I'm a Ruger guy, primarily. Though some of my favorite handguns are M&Ps. My wife carries the 229 for work. Nice 227 btw.

Edit: I'd recommend you swap out those grips. Your hold doesn't look comfortable.

Last edited:
I'm a Ruger guy, primarily. Though some of my favorite handguns are M&Ps. My wife carries the 229 for work. Nice 227 btw.

Edit: I'd recommend you swap out those grips. Your hold doesn't look comfortable.
It was off-hand and holding for a pic. I rather like how the grip feels. Find out when I shoot it Friday. :D

Reactions: Blondie70 and ejay

Swapping grips on the P227 is pretty hard unless you can find the grip screws and spacers. SIG does not usually have them in stock, but will order them for you if you ask. From the factory it is a one piece wrap around grip. It's a thick boy, but it has a really nice feel to it.

I don't own a pistol anymore (not much use on the farm) but years ago I had a Springfield 1911 that I loved. I just started looking for a compact 1911, maybe .380 for camping and backpacking, but I was shocked by the prices.

Reactions: Blondie70
Reactions: Blondie70