Got my Dirtworx

ac_

zombicon
Supporting Member
I will keep you posted on the progress.

20170914_202518.jpg

lol Ignore my feet. I am a dork!

very nice...what type of finish do you plan on going with, and you didn't say what front bumper you're using with it now?

I like just using a spray on bedliner (Duplicolor usually) for this type of thing because it's easy to fix when it gets dinged up

Congratulations on a great purchase. I have the same bumper, it's as close to bulletproof as it can be and it just laughs at rocks. I have an LJ, with the extra overhang in back (note the scraped off paint on the gas tank skid), and I have dragged the bumper over obstacles a couple of times with the only damage being to the paint. After touching up the Rustoleum rattle can bedliner I can't even tell where the bumper made contact with the rock. You have chosen well, Grasshopper!

95[1].JPG

What bearings / bushings are being used in the Dirtworx tire carrier?

Here's a closeup of the swing arm pivot. About as simple as it gets - no bearings, just a sleeved tube fitting over the pivot (I can't recall if the pivot is a capped tube or solid bar, either way it's really stout). Slide the swing arm over the pivot, o-rings on both ends, pump a bit of grease into it and you're done.

220[1].jpg

Reactions: derekmac and StG58
Here's a closeup of the swing arm pivot. About as simple as it gets - no bearings, just a sleeved tube fitting over the pivot (I can't recall if the pivot is a capped tube or solid bar, either way it's really stout). Slide the swing arm over the pivot, o-rings on both ends, pump a bit of grease into it and you're done.

View attachment 22168
Thanks for letting me know. I like the soapstone "Thanks, Robert, Dirtworx" hand written on the bumper. That's class.

I really wanted it glossy so I sanded it down, and coated it with self etching primer, then I sprayed it with Rustoleum Chassis and roll-bar paint, but it did not turn out good, so I sanded (just the bottom) and re-primered it; then shot it with hammered black, and it turned out pretty awesome, but now looking at yours with the bed-liner spray it looks just as good, so that may have been the way to go, but I am hoping the hammered black will be just as easy to touch up.

20170916_022533(1).jpg

Not installed yet, but hopefully this week.

Reactions: Neal
very nice...what type of finish do you plan on going with, and you didn't say what front bumper you're using with it now?

I like just using a spray on bedliner (Duplicolor usually) for this type of thing because it's easy to fix when it gets dinged up

I have a After-market stinger front bumper, not sure what brand, but I kind of like it, but I think I am going to change to the Rokmen Mercenary front bumper, but little nervous about it because Rokmen isn't as communicative as Robert at Dirtworx, but I really like that front bumper.

The hammered finish should look fine, I did that on the Nate's bumpers I had on my XJ. And yes, it was pretty easy to touch up.