Got the old one click no start issue

Alski

Tested my 2 year old battery and it’s strong, my terminals and wires are great. I had my starter rebuilt Year and a half ago. Got a few more troubleshooting tomorrow when I go under, but my question is - if it is the solenoid- can I replace it or does it have to be the entire assembly? If so any recommendations/part #. (05/4L/6Cyl/Auto)

If you jump the starter does it try to crank? If so, it could be the ignition actuator or the ignition switch under the steering column. The actuator is a common failure. Fairly simple to replace yourself.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-replace-jeep-wrangler-tj-ignition-actuator.23687/
Removed and tested the starter (shaft came right out) and cleaned the hot wire at the starter connector was a bit crusty. Put it back in - Boom started like a it had no issue. Hmm wondering if the cold Canadian garage (use Jeep mainly in summer - once/week winter) made my starter stubborn or although rebuilt- it’s just not good anymore. I’m skeptical on the dirty connector (I underspray) I keep the lines immaculate. Wish I had a definite answer.