Grand Junction Air Show Oct 14 & 15

CybrSlydr

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone going? Just booked my hotel in Fruita for it.

https://www.visitgrandjunction.com/blog/grand-junction-air-show
Two days, 9-5. Blue Angels and an F4U-7 Corsair aerial display.

Going to be bringing my camera gear and probably driving my TJ - depending on weather. Google Maps has me taking Rawlins to the border and driving through Meeker, Rifle, and others along the way. Co-worker says it's a gorgeous drive, but could be tricky depending on weather during this time of year.

Bringing my cat with me since I'm driving down on Friday and leaving on Sunday.

Going to be heading out in a couple hours, once the sun comes up and it's a bit warmer. Figure I'll leave around 9am. With stops for me and the cat, I figure we should get to Grand Junction around 4-4:30. Still need to buy my tickets - Vets tickets are only sold at certain locations in GJ, so I couldn't buy them yet. Don't even list location names, just addresses. Little odd, I thought. But, it is what it is.

Ended up picking up a Sony 70-200 f/2.8II for the airshow. I've shot one airshow before with a similar lens back in 2006, but I don't know how far from the flightline we'll be. So I have the 200-600 as well. Weather sounds like it should be pretty good. CDOT map shows the route I'm taking (through Craig, Meeker, Rifle) to be clear from the last couple days weather, so I'm pretty confident me and the Jeep will be good to go. Also think I'm going to stop and get the oil changed before we go - I'm about due and now's as good a time as any.

If any of you end up going, post in here and maybe we can grab some bbq at one of the truck vendors and get some pics for the forum. :)

https://www.gjairshow.com/

Reactions: Paparock1
Little sneak peek at what I was able to capture.

53261746985_653cd823e0_k.jpg

Reactions: Apparition
Finally went through all of them (took 4800+ pics over the two days) and picked my top-favorites and did some slight editing with Lightroom for color and the like (auto button - lol). Crops are all mine.

Day 1: 2023 Grand Junction Airshow, Day 1
Day 2: 2023 Grand Junction Airshow, Day 2

Let me know which ones are your favorites. Want to see which ones you folks like so I know what to look for in the future when I take pics.

The funniest thing I saw during there Covid garbage,

The Navy Blue Angels had to postpone their airshows for not being able to maintain 6' of separation.

The Air Force will continue the shows as scheduled

• Haha
Reactions: CybrSlydr