Grease for TJ

TJim

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Hey!

I have a question about the grease that I should use for "Steering Gear & Linkage, Ball Joints, Prop Shafts & Yokes and Wheel Bearings".

The manual mentions that I Should use: Mopar Multi-Purpose Lubricant NLGI Grade 2 EP, GC-LB

I understand that I have to find a grease which is NLGI #2, GC - LB. Is there anything else I should be aware of?

I am not in the USA (I am in Greece, Europe) so I cannot find easily the majority of the products you suggest, so I want to search the local area for the best possible choice.

Most any Greece is better than no grease(😉😉😉). That being said, a good wheel bearing grease can handle any chore. Just be sure to keep grease in every joint and you will be in much better shape than someone with some wunder-grease that doesn't maintain the joints. I've used everything from the cheap "farm grease" to super fancy military aviation stuff. They all work good enough for the front end of a Jeep. Always add a squirt or two after a water crossing. Add a squirt every month or two. If you see water or contamination in the joint be sure to get it out. Easy.

Reactions: TJim and The shuggs