Great Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion

techster82

Lover of Lifted LJs
Supporting Member
We've rented a cabin for the weekend and will be heading down Thursday afternoon for the Great Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion. Anyone else from here planning on attending? If you've previously gone, any tips for folks attending for the first time?

Reactions: tomtaylz
I will be attending..rented a place in Gatlinburg. Going with another couple who have a JK😂.. will be our first time as well!

If we get enough forum guys we need to all meet somewhere for a burger one day... I would love to meet some of you guys.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Let's keep this thread alive as it gets closer.

there is a place called The Cades cove Jeep Outpost that is a pretty cool little shop.

The windrock off-road park is one of the best in the country arguably.

There are tons of beautiful places to drive around Gatlinburg with the top off.

This might help.

The Jeep© Club Invasion gathers thousands of Jeep enthusiasts to the beautiful Smoky Mountains every year.

Over 16,000 people and 8,000 Jeep vehicles were in attendance, and we are seeing more interest than ever.

Our 7th annual event will be held August 23rd-24th, 2019, at The LeConte Convention Center in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.

We will be featuring over a hundred vendors within and outside of the Center. Additionally, we are holding a variety of events, including a Show and Shine competition for those wishing to impress with their build.

730417BA-8FD7-47F8-8E20-71504CFF193A.jpeg

I see it’s 1.5 hours from Gatlinburg. Worth it to me, but so much time could be spent at the Jeep show 🤔.

Wondering if @Fouledplugs is going. He has a nice rock crawler yj on 37s he should take and show us around.
The show close doors around 5 pm. Windrock its open 24hrs. Perhaps, the majority of the Jeepers that go tho the Invasion that enjoy trails and crawl visit Windrock on the week days previous to the show as the park its empty and can score the jeep Badge of Honor.

For the first timers;
Be ready to see Jeeps! Many of them!

The Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion show its well know for the amount of stolen jeeps every year. Secure your valuables at your cabin! This is sad but if I not point it I will feel that I'm not giving you the right advice!

Follow the Smoky Mountain Jeep Club on Facebook the previous weeks and during this week, they post the after hour events!

Pigeon Forge its Party time but Gatlingburg its best!

It is many thing to do and roads to drive, get a map, ask the locals and explore!

Visit Doc Collier Moonshine tasting bar. Old Smokey and Sugarlands are good too but too commercial.

If you like to go to Windrock do it on the week days before the show. Grab the batch of honor trail and head to the Wind Mills, of course post pictures. You will not going to ride all the trails on two days so get a map and pick the ones to have the taste , fun and make memories.

Visit the 330FAB booth and ask for Jorge! We can also use this as a meet point if you guys like to on Saturday after noon before we head for a Burger.

Have fun, enjoy and Be safe!

Reactions: TJ Starting
For the first timers;
Be ready to see Jeeps! Many of them!

The Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion show its well know for the amount of stolen jeeps every year. Secure your valuables at your cabin! This is sad but if I not point it I will feel that I'm not giving you the right advice!

Follow the Smoky Mountain Jeep Club on Facebook the previous weeks and during this week, they post the after hour events!

Pigeon Forge its Party time but Gatlingburg its best!

It is many thing to do and roads to drive, get a map, ask the locals and explore!

Visit Doc Collier Moonshine tasting bar. Old Smokey and Sugarlands are good too but too commercial.

If you like to go to Windrock do it on the week days before the show. Grab the batch of honor trail and head to the Wind Mills, of course post pictures. You will not going to ride all the trails on two days so get a map and pick the ones to have the taste , fun and make memories.

Visit the 330FAB booth and ask for Jorge! We can also use this as a meet point if you guys like to on Saturday after noon before we head for a Burger.

Have fun, enjoy and Be safe!
I was gung ho for 2020 until I read “The Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion show its well know for the amount of stolen jeeps every year.”
That made me tap the brakes. Not interested in dealing with that.

• Sad
Reactions: MallCrawlOnTons
I was gung ho for 2020 until I read “The Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion show its well know for the amount of stolen jeeps every year.”
Man , where do you think we all get these Jeeps.?

• Haha
Reactions: Sam Solo
Dont allow the few low life's and their actions rule your life and force you not to go and enjoy seeing a bunch of Jeeps.

How many were stolen and when were they stolen? What did you read?

Last edited:
any tips for folks attending for the first time?
Always be aware of your surroundings and where you park. It's an inherently safe place but in recent years auto thieves from out of town have decided this was easy pickings. Something as simple and stupid a "The Club" can keep you from being a victim
Windrock is awesome! Could spend 4-5 days there
I love windrock, but the first few times were infuriating, as we didn't have a local to guide us and spent most of our time on access roads getting from one good trail to the next. The place is so big, and unless you know a good route you spend a lot of time on gravel roads.
I have to say though, best campground I've EVER stayed at. Kick ass shower facilities and toilets. Never stayed in the cabins, but I'm sure they're nice too.

Reactions: IPerkWVU
How many were stolen and when were they stolen? What did you read?

I know the question wasn't for me...

Ironically we just heard of just one Jeep stolen last year, very nice TJ BTW, but the complaints about valuables stolen from the Jeeps were multiple. Previous Year We heard from about 7, the year before I think were around 6 or 7 no recall good.
The sad news usually runs true the Club Facebook page but I do read it from the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg PD news also.