Grill Snubber for Body Lift

cpwolf

Texan
Supporting Member
So I’ve had a Savvy BL in my office for a long while, before @mrblaine launched his BMB BL.

I’m putting this on, a Rust free TX Jeep and still had front passenger bolt pop, even with Endoscope and Liquid Wrench on top, ha. Luckily lit of thread showing so got 3/4 nut welded and got it out.

The problem, all are in, about to snug, last step the Grill Snubber, and both rip out their mounts. I was careful, twisted, not even hard, pulled straight, they were just both toast.

I’m maybe losing my mind, but I’m searching and all the snubbers are the rear tire snubbers.

1. Anyone know where I can get 2 quick? Or at all. And their official name

2. Can I go 2 or 3 days without, not wheeling, but drive the Jeep or could that be really bad?

Radiator supports or radiator core supports.

If they are not installed, the grill will wobble a lot on the highway or on rough roads. After some amount of time, sheet metal will start cracking. But it would require much more than a weekend for the metal fatigue to become a problem.

As an anecdotal example, the JKS extended supports for their squishy body lift are too short, which means there are a near countless number of TJs with floppy grills driven by people who don't recognize it. Once upon a time, I was one of them.

Regarding your original ones going into the Savvy pucks, did you trim the nubs far enough to fully seat into the puck?

Last edited:
Radiator supports or radiator core supports.

If they are not installed, the grill will wobble a lot on the highway or on rough roads. After some amount of time, sheet metal will start cracking. But it would require much more than a weekend for the metal fatigue to become a problem.

As an anecdotal example, the JKS extended supports for their squishy body lift are too short, which means there are a near countless number of TJs with floppy grills driven by people who don't recognize it. Once upon a time, I was one of them.

Regarding your original ones going into the Savvy pucks, did you trim the nubs far enough to fully seat into the puck?

Boom, I’m an idiot looking for Snubber, thank you for the name.

“Radiator Supports” the entire nipple came off. I may just stack them for now, and if they have pressure will be there, and add replacements when they come.

8C7EE1D7-16C1-4C97-A299-616017FB3455.jpeg

A4DA5B9A-BD00-477A-81B6-6927672D6455.jpeg

8A42EB09-8DAD-47EE-B61F-4F15060C6157.jpeg

49A00341-24AB-4E4E-B538-6897F31641EE.jpeg

B0290801-3373-4455-BB0B-8EA4EAF90288.jpeg

Had the same problem. For temporary purposes I was able to stack them and wrap them with black duct tape until my new snubbers arrived