SOLD GROM BT3 Blutooth for factory radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledfoot Lou

Price
I have a Grom Audio BT3 unit that plugs into the back of a factory jeep radio and allows you to control the Bluetooth with the stock head unit. Also has microphone for hands free calling. Works great, I bought this about 6 months ago and pulled it out when I sold my 2005 Wrangler.

$100

PXL_20210304_154221006.jpg

PXL_20210304_154235566.jpg

PXL_20210304_154240714.jpg

Does this display any info on the radio screen when bluetooth is in use? For instance, song informaiton?

I limitation is in the factory head unit. It was never designed to have a string of alpha-numeric characters displayed across the whole screen.
Some of them do. Mine will display text from radio stations that broadcast it. It’s only a single line so I can understand why they might not bother supporting it especially when other factory radios don’t have it at all.

Will the stereo buttons control Bluetooth playback like next/previous track?

Yes, you can skip songs with the track buttons.

I'll also point out that I purchased and installed a factory one radio, as well as the highly regarded clarion m508 receiver in my quest to add bluetooth. I returned both of them. The GROM is by far the highest quality and most usable set up.

Reactions: joelachr
Yes, you can skip songs with the track buttons.

I'll also point out that I purchased and installed a factory one radio, as well as the highly regarded clarion m508 receiver in my quest to add bluetooth. I returned both of them. The GROM is by far the highest quality and most usable set up.
Can you send me your PayPal info? Buying my first Jeep tomorrow

No, mine worked good. Unlike the the Clarion which would not allow me to skip tracks unless i connected to the unit with spotify already open on my phone. And the one factory was a hack job of installing a bluetooth switch. I would hit bumps and you would hear feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.