guns in Canada

billiebob

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
So I'm not big into guns but I do support our Rod & Gun Club... just learned something about "handguns" in Canada.... could be wrong but the guys at the club are enthusiasts.

In Canada a guy with a permit to carry a handgun can only transport that gun from a locked cabinet at his residence directly to a "gun club firing range" and directly back home.... and the ammunition must be in a separate locked cabinet. Of the guys at the club... half of them had secure locked cabinets but they all kept the ammo separate from the gun... and they all claimed "yeah" we go non stop.... home/range/home.

Thought you USA munitions experts might enjoy how we govern guns up here.

Interesting. I didn't even know it was legal to own a gun in Canada at all. I wonder if it's the same in Europe.

Yep, hand guns are restricted here, and can only be used at a range. Rifles are not restricted, but you need a license to own and carry one. Gun laws are very strict here, but most provinces have pretty relaxed knife laws.

From talking with guys I know in different European countries, they are even more restricted than Canada. There are countries when even the police officers don't carry a gun. Also, places like the UK, you can't carry a locking knife, and a slip joint knife has to have a blade under 3".

Reactions: Chris
this from the UK...

1934294_1703663299902915_7916022529582569431_n.jpg

this from the UK...

Magic, huh Billiebob?

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE BBC.....................................

Killing highlights UK gun crime

_42365930_jessie_new203.jpg

Jessie was gunned down near Broadfield Park, Moss Side
The killing of a 15-year-old boy at his home in south London has once again highlighted the problem of gun crime in Britain's cities.
Although police figures suggest it has been in decline, guns - and the gangs who use them - remain a problem.

In Manchester, the killing of school boy Jessie James in September 2006 prompted a gun amnesty which netted more than 400 weapons.

But despite shaking off its "Gunchester" reputation of the mid-90s, the city still has a gang population which is seduced by the image of the gun.

Ray Bell, of anti-gun group Charisma, said: "Young people these days, they feel to go and settle their scores is to go and pick up a gun.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/6365267.stm

GOSH, IF GUNS ARE ILLEGAL, WHERE DO THEY COME FROM?

IT WOULD BE NEAT IF WE COULD 'MAGICALLY' 'WISH' SOMETHING GONE BY PASSING A MARXIST LAW, BUT THE REALITY OF THE UNIVERSE IS MUCH DIFFERENT!

gotta love the internet eh ?

I really do. It is a modern Gutenberg press that without all we would have is the corproratist MSM encouraging us that giving all your rights away to big government is in your own best interest. I disagree.

Some children never grow up and look to the nanny state to keep breast feeding them.

Reactions: Serbonze and StG58
Well in the USA in 2013, there were 90 gun related fatalities per day.
Not to mention the non fatal gun crimes.
Population of Great Britain approx 28 million.
Population of US approx 300 million.

Let's see 28 million divided by 28 about equals 1 per million in Great Britain. 300 million divided by 90 equals about 3 in the US. Stay out of LA, Chicago, New York City and Washington DC and the odds are about equal. I can live with that.

We've had one particular firearm in the family since about 1918. It's in my gun safe right now. That firearm has never killed anyone. Pretty decent track record, actually.

I say that we outlaw murder and mayhem...oh, wait, we did that.

Last edited:
yeah but you are comparing total gun crime in the UK to only gun fatalities in the USA.
I think there is a lot of non fatal gun crime to add to that USA number.

Population of Great Britain approx 28 million.
Population of US approx 300 million.

Let's see 28 million divided by 28 about equals 1 per million in Great Britain. 300 million divided by 90 equals about 3 in the US. Stay out of LA, Chicago, New York City and Washington DC and the odds are about equal. I can live with that.

We've had one particular firearm in the family since about 1918. It's in my gun safe right now. That firearm has never killed anyone. Pretty decent track record, actually.

I say that we outlaw murder and mayhem...oh, wait, we did that.

And what do all four of those cities have in common?

Worn that 911 every time I flew on my SE Asia vacation. Had a hip holster that slid very well around so that the weapon tested between my legs in the cockpit. We didn't have body armor there then! Almost always took a CASE of .45 ammo on each mission and shot it while in our staging areas between mission. I got really, really good at hitting stuff from 100 yards in.
BTW who cares what the UK does? They still bow to a queen.;)

Reactions: Chris