SOLD H&R #52107 spring set

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldBuzzard

nerd before it was cool
Supporting Member
Price
$125.00
About a 1" lift for the Wrangler TJ (but NOT for the TJ Unlimited aka LJ).

This is the lowest mileage used set of springs you'll ever find. The front springs were never installed. I installed the rear springs in my 2005 TJ Unlimited and rolled it about 20 feet from the garage to the driveway, and then back into the garage. Then I removed the rear springs. So they have about about 40 feet , or 1/132 of a mile on them. That's 0.007 mile.

Spring_Set_01.jpg

Note: The color looks very blue in this photo (cruddy auto white balance) but they are actually more purple as in the photo below.

These are advertised by H&R and Tire Rack as:
Avg Lift +1.0” F + 1.0” R Raising amount varies by engine size, model and accessory options.

On a TJ without a lot of heavy equipment (aftermarket bumpers, winch, oversize spare tire, gas cans, etc) these springs will probably lift it about 1 inch, or higher if it has the 4 cylinder engine. But on the heavier TJ Unlimited aka LJ with no extra equipment at all, they will not lift it at all. And TireRack and H&R will not give a refund, even though their websites show this fits a 2005 Wrangler TJ, with no difference noted for the Unlimited.

The front springs are factory new. The rear springs have scuffs and gouges in the powder coating on the ends from the installation.

Spring_Scuffs_01.jpg

I paid $255 new from Tire Rack. Asking $125.

You can pick up in the Denver area, or I can ship via UPS or FedEx. Shipping is sky high these days, possibly as high as $50 to $80 according to UPS / FedEx estimates, if going across the country.

That's surprising, because my Unlimited is stock with no extra weight, and they didn't lift the rear at all.

Yes, a hardtop vs softtop would make a big difference. It doesn't look like @Zorba got springs yet, if his site is up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.