Half door adjustment

freedom_in_4low

I'm a rooster illusion
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I can get the gaps even and things mostly lined up but there's not an obvious way to adjust for the door sticking out at the bottom but not the top. I can pull the striker farther in, but then it'll just pull the top of the door in past the outside of the tub.

PXL_20220627_025713262.jpg

It's present at front and rear, but front isn't as bad.

PXL_20220627_025748626.jpg

I've got new delrin hinge liners delivering tomorrow, and there is some slack in that bottom hinge that I can see when the door is open and I have the entire door as leverage, but I can't move the pin around to close this gap when the door is closed so I haven't talked myself into that being the fix yet.

How sure are you that the outer surface of the door is completely flat? How about that part of your tub? Have you put a straight edge on either of them?

Reactions: John Cooper
I had a similar issue when I got my jeep, one door was out of alignment and I couldn't get it adjusted no matter what. I replaced both hinges and it works perfect now. One thing I learned was to adjust the hinges with the door latched closed. You may get some binding at the hinges initially, but the weight of the door eases that out.

I had a similar issue when I got my jeep, one door was out of alignment and I couldn't get it adjusted no matter what. I replaced both hinges and it works perfect now. One thing I learned was to adjust the hinges with the door latched closed. You may get some binding at the hinges initially, but the weight of the door eases that out.

I'm using used OEM hinges from multiple sources so it's entirely possible the lower hinge is deformed. I hate the way they're all bent because it's so difficult to tell if it's bent the right amount.

This is the bottom hinge, which is actually a top hinge but I welded the mirror holes shut.

PXL_20220627_133818225.jpg

This is the top hinge, same door.

PXL_20220627_133830035.jpg

and this is a bottom hinge on my full door.

PXL_20220627_133850200.jpg

It does look like the khaki bottom hinge might have slightly less space between it and the door shell, so maybe that's my issue.

How sure are you that the outer surface of the door is completely flat? How about that part of your tub? Have you put a straight edge on either of them?

The tub is flat enough that my full doors sit perfectly flush.

The door is flat around the edges, and if the edges sit flush that's good enough for me. The outer panel sits in a little bit, like it would hold about 1.5mm deep puddle of water if laid perfectly flat on the ground, but I'd be surprised if most of them weren't like that.

Reactions: TRE3TOP
I found a NOS lower door hinge on ebay and bought it. Hopefully that straightens things out. If not then....wtf? lol

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC
When I did mine, I just bought some aftermarket hinges (Kentrol I think) and replaced them all. I was switching out to black hardware, so that made sense at the time.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low