Half door painting

Krissie

Hi Guys,

I've been in the market for some half doors and I found a set of OEM that include the grey interior panels that match the interior of my 1997 TJ. They are dark green and my ride is a navy blue. I figured a dark paint over a dark door would work out ok. Surprisingly they have almost no rust, just a spot less than the size of a quarter on the bottom where it looks like it had been scratched from storing them.
Anyone have a general estimate for the cost of painting just the half doors? I understand there are different quality paint jobs, but I am looking for just a basic paint job. Also, there are several body shops in the area to choose from, and a friend suggested even going to Maaco. Have any of you used Maaco or should I avoid them?
Any thoughts? Thanks.

I priced it out last week and they quoted me $800 for the pair to paint. I got a quote to have them wrapped and it came to $300.

That is Canadian btw.

Two years ago I bought some full doors that I needed painted. I also bought a windshield frame from Crown to replace the rusted out original. I got all three pieces done for $600 at Maaco in Southeastern Massachusetts. I removed the interior panels before dropping them off. I’ve been happy with the job they did.