Happy New Year!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
I thought I'd start a Happy New Year thread - so Happy New Year!

Noisemakers were pre-staged:
00000.JPG

this is my Happy New Year's Eve attempt at Chicago crust, probably my 50th attempt over the past 20+ years to duplicate it. I've never managed to get it right, but this one flew close, had that elusive & nice quality of a Chicago crust that seems to be a combination of pie/biscuit/pizza dough. I wasn't really happy with the finished color, too dark, which I attribute to the sugar this format called for, I'll eliminate that next go around, but I feel like I'm on to something here overall.

IMG_5843.jpg

IMG_5844.jpg

IMG_5845.jpg

this is my Happy New Year's Eve attempt at Chicago crust, probably my 50th attempt over the past 20+ years to duplicate it. I've never managed to get it right, but this one flew close, had that elusive & nice quality of a Chicago crust that seems to be a combination of pie/biscuit/pizza dough. I wasn't really happy with the finished color, too dark, which I attribute to the sugar this format called for, I'll eliminate that next go around, but I feel like I'm on to something here overall.
Pizza from a cast iron skillet can't be bad! Looks good from my point of view.

View attachment 388394

View attachment 388395

View attachment 388396

Lol I made some deep dish from scratch last night too! Used a 1 hour fast rise beer dough recipe.

20221231_201219.jpg

View attachment 388394

View attachment 388395

View attachment 388396

I like how you think.

Made ours in a 12” cast iron skillet, crust is sourdough with a little semolina, olive oil, salt, honey and cold risen. Layered mozzarella, parmesan, Romano, Asiago, pepperoni, bacon and Italian sausage.

E46469CD-CC53-45CB-A77D-7D286F07C22F.jpeg

E92CCA3F-4375-4BE6-B04F-51518FCA09E5.jpeg