Hard top control switches out of a XJ

rebelles

TJ Enthusiast
While I was at the pull a part this morning getting a few small things out of a Cherokee, one of them still had the rear defrost and wiper switches in the dash. It was a quick and easy removal so I bought them just in case I want to wire up the hard top controls on my TJ (it was put on previously and was not a model wired for HT). The question is, will these switches out of a 2001 Cherokee work in a TJ Hard top harness (I didn’t think to cut the pig tails off in the cherokee). Or did I waste $3-$4.

828551CE-D67F-45B2-976E-3DD734B39B63.jpeg

36476A92-3C21-47EF-A9DE-ECE7E028C27E.jpeg

I would go back and snag the pigtails otherwise it’s going to be a ghetto connection to those switch pins

I would go back and snag the pigtails otherwise it’s going to be a ghetto connection to those switch pins
I’m just wondering if the factory TJ wiring harness made for a HT model would have the same female side connectors

They sell a kit to convert to the hardtop it even includes the switches and washer bottle because it requires an extra hole for the second pump. 2003-2006 is part number 82208907AB and 2000-2001 is 82205621ab. The only place I see it in stock is on Canadian mopar websites.

Thanks. I am familiar with the kit. This TJ May end up at my camp some and I can do without the water/spray. The defrost would be the big plus when it’s a frosty morning.