Hard top help

Nickajeepa

Hello all, I recently acquired a hard top for my 2000 wrangler and have a couple of questions

1. Best quick disconnect or mounting hard ware
2. So my washer is completely removed, where could I purchase one??? Also I don't have a defrost button in my jeep but believe I have it in the hard top
3 their is a pretty large crack near the passenger side door is this repairable/ is the hard top still any good.
Thank you for any help provided in advance, I can post pictures if need be.

Without including a photo of the crack, how do expect to get a meaningful answer about it being repairable?
If it can't be fixed, then the other issues are pointless to address.

• Wow
Reactions: tr21triton
Any hardware kit from Amazon or eBay works just fine. Its just a thumbscrew, rectangular nut and a washer.

If your jeep doesnt have the washer or defrost buttons, its likely you dont have the wiring for it. Best bet would be to find a junkyard TJ and try and pull it from that. The wiring kits have long been discontinued.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...r-tj-for-a-hardtop-part-1-dash-harness.15350/
Depends on the severity of the crack. I've repaired them before with SMC kits from USC
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCYSRH2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Last edited:
most any crack can be fixed . a buddy of mine had a huge crack but it was only noticeable when he was bent over or bending down. we were plumbers so he was always bent over, i got the sheetrock guy to spackle that crack with a 5 gallon pail of mud and it's now fixed ! so you need to find a sheetrock guy to fix your crack ! dont need a picture, i have one forever etched in my brain ! :eek: o_O

sorry to bust ya on your 1st post @Nickajeepa but yes we need pic's to tell how bad the crack is. kind of like your wife asking if this dress makes her ass look big while she's locked in the laundry room !

most any crack can be fixed . a buddy of mine had a huge crack but it was only noticeable when he was bent over or bending down. we were plumbers so he was always bent over, i got the sheetrock guy to spackle that crack with a 5 gallon pail of mud and it's now fixed ! so you need to find a sheetrock guy to fix your crack ! dont need a picture, i have one forever etched in my brain ! :eek: o_O
That’s funny right there I don’t care who you are....