Hard top lift

Jaysonk82

I been looking at hard top ceiling mount lifts and the rolling floor type. They are all kinda expensive and unknown for performance. Anyone got any links or recommendations for affordable good ones??? Or which one works better??? It looks like the floor rolling lift looks a lot easier.

I have had two myLIFTER hardtop lifters. I like them but they are expensive. When I sold my last house the new owner wanted it in the deal as they had a Jeep. So my second is in the current house and the top has been hanging for a few years.

There are cheaper options that work though.

I made a 2x4 version. Eyelets in the ceiling joints to carry the weight during storage, a wooden 'T' that is only used for install/removal.

I'm upgrading the metal hooks to have washers & nuts rather than threading into the wood on the removal 'T' soon, since I have to turn them every use and I know they are fatiguing the wood.

Crank is from a boat trailer.

I like my setup. I'd build my own again. I also think the 'off the shelf' options are actually reasonably price for the engineering that went into them.

I would never use just the hoist to suspend your top after removal. Simple 2x4s, eyelets, chain, and d-rings will get you a secure storage.

You can see some of it here. I can grab more pictures if you'd like for ideas.

PXL_20240420_202814282.jpg

I been looking at hard top ceiling mount lifts and the rolling floor type. They are all kinda expensive and unknown for performance. Anyone got any links or recommendations for affordable good ones??? Or which one works better??? It looks like the floor rolling lift looks a lot easier.

I use a Harken Hardtop Hoist. I’ve had it for seven years and moved it from one house to another. It’s a bit of work to get it installed, but once you’re done it’s done and works good.

Reactions: SPECWAR
I made a 2x4 version. Eyelets in the ceiling joints to carry the weight during storage, a wooden 'T' that is only used for install/removal.

I'm upgrading the metal hooks to have washers & nuts rather than threading into the wood on the removal 'T' soon, since I have to turn them every use and I know they are fatiguing the wood.

Crank is from a boat trailer.

I like my setup. I'd build my own again. I also think the 'off the shelf' options are actually reasonably price for the engineering that went into them.

I would never use just the hoist to suspend your top after removal. Simple 2x4s, eyelets, chain, and d-rings will get you a secure storage.

You can see some of it here. I can grab more pictures if you'd like for ideas.

View attachment 526149

I use a Harken Hardtop Hoist. I’ve had it for seven years and moved it from one house to another. It’s a bit of work to get it installed, but once you’re done it’s done and works good.

Looks damn good!!! Imma check it out!!!

Reactions: JMT and FarFire70