Hardtop for $800, is it worth it?

There is wisdom here. Add this comment ^^^^^^ to the fact that the top is the older style, which means wiring plug is different, and you have the unnecessary vents. The one you're looking at will certainly fit, and the wiring may not be an issue to you, but an 10+ hour trip isn't something I'd want to do for an unknown top.
I do actually need the vents because I had to block off the tailgate ones because of my subwoofers, and I don't plan on using the defroster and wiper. I have until tonight to decide and I'm still torn. I'll ask for more detailed pictures of the inside too just to be safe if I say yes tonight. If I change my mind after buying it I might just repaint it and sell it again, hardtops seem to be pretty damn scarce in the Saint Louis area. I just need someone to push me over the edge for me to make a decision because I feel like no matter what decision I make I have the chance to regret it.

I’d hold out. I sold my TJ top and a neighbors for $450 maybe $500 a few years back here in CT. Both were very clean and free of any chips or cracks and didn’t require any painting.