Hardtop Headliner

I used Design Engineering boom mat for my hardtop and it works great. Half the price of Hot tops.
Makes it really quiet and keeps it cooler in Fla heat.
The only thing I did was also use some 3m spray adhesive to help hold it in this heat. Just making double sure it stays up.
I just checked prices and they are nearly the same. I couldn’t actually find the LJ on the Design site. Did you just buy flat sheets and cut them to fit?

I was thinking of getting butyl sound deadening mats like I put on the floor, then putting on the headliner over it.

Amazon.com: Noico 80 mil 10 sqft car Sound deadening mat, Butyl Automotive Sound Deadener, Audio Noise Insulation and dampening: Automotive

What do you guys think?
That looks exactly what Hotheads sells on their website. They call it sound assassin. I bought some from them, I do believe it helped.

Here is what i did with my Hothead. They explained the sound deadening did not need to be everywhere to cut down on the vibrations.

IMG_5852.jpeg

IMG_5853.jpeg

IMG_6032.jpeg

I was thinking of getting butyl sound deadening mats like I put on the floor, then putting on the headliner over it.

Amazon.com: Noico 80 mil 10 sqft car Sound deadening mat, Butyl Automotive Sound Deadener, Audio Noise Insulation and dampening: Automotive

What do you guys think?
That looks exactly what Hotheads sells on their website. They call it sound assassin. I bought some from them, I do believe it helped.

Here is what i did with my Hothead. They explained the sound deadening did not need to be everywhere to cut down on the vibrations.

View attachment 208790

View attachment 208791

View attachment 208792

I also live in Maine and the snow storm we got last week gave me a friendly reminder of how it rains in my Jeep every time it snows and I don't fully clear off the top. Good times and just adds to the nostalgia of driving this rolling toilet.

I also live in Maine and the snow storm we got last week gave me a friendly reminder of how it rains in my Jeep every time it snows and I don't fully clear off the top. Good times and just adds to the nostalgia of driving this rolling toilet.
My Jeep has been in pieces but I remember last winter getting colored water on me.

So I finished the install of the "Sound Assassin" and HotHeadz Headliner. The Sound Assassin is just basic sound deadening material, had I known that I would've used leftover I had from lining my whole tub last spring. What you see below is the Sound Assassin strips, I'll take another picture if the finished install. Overall, it's a lot quieter in the cab and there is barely any reverberation if ANY off the hard top now. Remember its a TJ/LJ so its not going to ride like a luxury vehicle and I can still hear highway wind noise slapping my windshield when I'm driving 60+ mph. But overall, I am pleased at the convenience of the package and everything included, as well as the outcome. My sound system sounds even better now! :)
DAAF226F-4F90-483F-B6E0-DC31ADA8524B.jpeg

It sounds like the people who have gone for the hotheads product are happy with it. Thats good to know. I bought my Jeep last fall, so I haven't used it in warm weather. The weather here is now barely over 70 and I'm noticing that even at 70 degrees outside, the interior gets pretty warm pretty quickly, and it had me worrying about 105 degree days when the summer rolls around.

Anybody in a hot climate (Phoenix!?) find these work well? (its never cold enough here to worry about cold insulation.)

Pstivsts is in Oregon, I used to live there and was commenting on it. Didn’t mean to confuse anyone.
Hate to necro a thread that's three years old, but there is literally not such place as "Pstivsts, Oregon." In fact that name is so inaccurate that Google can't even begin to guess what I might have meant when I typed that in.

I looked at a list of cities in Oregon, and the best guess I can come up with is that you might have meant Estacada. It's kind of a reach, but P and E are almost opposite each other on the keyboard (different hands), the last two a's in Estacada might have been what you were aiming for when you hit the s's instead, and the first a might have been you just misspelling it, thinking it had an i instead of an a sound. The last two differences would be the letter v, which you might have hit by mistake aiming for the letter c right next to it, and the you might have typed that second letter t once again mistaking the sound of the word vs the spelling, since t and d sound similar in many spoken forms.

Adding to my confusion was the fact that Clackamas and Manzanita were both misspelled originally, but I noticed a moment ago that someone already corrected those, right before complaining about the companies and their employees who finance most of the state which is a big part of making it such a nice place to live. We're also not known for riots to anyone except people who really dig deep to think of an obscure reason to hate on us; we had some riots following George Floyd's killing just as many other big cities did, but our riots can be argued to be the fault of the Seattle PD, according to most informed citizens and a judge. We also had the WTO riots for a few days back in like 1999 but to say we're mostly known for that and not the Space Needle, the Seahawks, Mariners, Sonics, Boeing, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam, Heart, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Gary Ridgeway (The Green River Killer) and about a dozen other serial killers, Sockeye salmon, the Pike Place Market or any number of other things kind of goes to show that there's either an agenda behind mentioning that, or a severe lack of awareness about the area.

Hate to necro a thread that's three years old, but there is literally not such place as "Pstivsts, Oregon." In fact that name is so inaccurate that Google can't even begin to guess what I might have meant when I typed that in.

I looked at a list of cities in Oregon, and the best guess I can come up with is that you might have meant Estacada. It's kind of a reach, but P and E are almost opposite each other on the keyboard (different hands), the last two a's in Estacada might have been what you were aiming for when you hit the s's instead, and the first a might have been you just misspelling it, thinking it had an i instead of an a sound. The last two differences would be the letter v, which you might have hit by mistake aiming for the letter c right next to it, and the you might have typed that second letter t once again mistaking the sound of the word vs the spelling, since t and d sound similar in many spoken forms.

Adding to my confusion was the fact that Clackamas and Manzanita were both misspelled originally, but I noticed a moment ago that someone already corrected those, right before complaining about the companies and their employees who finance most of the state which is a big part of making it such a nice place to live. We're also not known for riots to anyone except people who really dig deep to think of an obscure reason to hate on us; we had some riots following George Floyd's killing just as many other big cities did, but our riots can be argued to be the fault of the Seattle PD, according to most informed citizens and a judge. We also had the WTO riots for a few days back in like 1999 but to say we're mostly known for that and not the Space Needle, the Seahawks, Mariners, Sonics, Boeing, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam, Heart, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Gary Ridgeway (The Green River Killer) and about a dozen other serial killers, Sockeye salmon, the Pike Place Market or any number of other things kind of goes to show that there's either an agenda behind mentioning that, or a severe lack of awareness about the area.

Pstivsts isn’t a place. It’s a misspelling of the handle @psrivats, who is a denizen of Oregon.

Hell, I’d forgotten I’d even commented on this thread. I had to go back and reread it all after that full-throated defense of Seattle and Washington State. You know, the state I’ve lived my entire life in and the city I worked in for 30 years. Talk about getting feathers ruffled. The laughing emojis should have been a clue.

stripes lighten GIF

Last edited:

Sounds like you were drinking (and bored) on Thanksgiving. :unsure: 🥳