Hardtop Questions

rlpruiett

Hey guys - new to this forum - hope to get some questions answered. I recently bought a 2004 Wrangler Sport 4.0 with an after market soft top - noticed water standing the floorboard after a rain. Found an OEM Mopar hardtop (the model that has the vents on rear corners) and replaced the soft top with this hardtop - still have water in the floorboard after a lengthy rain. Questions: 1) The people I bought the hardtop from gave me a crossmember with the hardtop but I'm not sure where it goes or if it's even for the hardtop - any info on this crossmember? 2) Any info on where the rain could be getting on both tops on the driver side front on the A pillar? 3) Bought a conversion pigtail for the rear wiper/washer/defrost to connect to the older TJ hardtop to the 2004 OEM wiring in the Jeep but still can't get the washer or wiper to work - any info on this? Any information on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hey guys - new to this forum - hope to get some questions answered. I recently bought a 2004 Wrangler Sport 4.0 with an after market soft top - noticed water standing the floorboard after a rain. Found an OEM Mopar hardtop (the model that has the vents on rear corners) and replaced the soft top with this hardtop - still have water in the floorboard after a lengthy rain. Questions: 1) The people I bought the hardtop from gave me a crossmember with the hardtop but I'm not sure where it goes or if it's even for the hardtop - any info on this crossmember? 2) Any info on where the rain could be getting on both tops on the driver side front on the A pillar? 3) Bought a conversion pigtail for the rear wiper/washer/defrost to connect to the older TJ hardtop to the 2004 OEM wiring in the Jeep but still can't get the washer or wiper to work - any info on this? Any information on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
You might want to start a new thread with your questions. If you don’t know how, maybe @Chris can help you. Pictures of this crossmember piece would be helpful. Pictures of the area around the drivers side A Pillar might also be helpful.

Reactions: taylormade73
Use a garden hose to replicate the rain. Have someone sitting inside as you hit the hardtop from different angles. You should find the source of your leak fairly quickly.

Have you looked under the hood at your washer pump and washer jug? You need to do a visual inspection of the system. Do you hear the pump running? Does it use a relay to turn on the pump? You have provided nothing you have accomplished as far as troubleshooting goes.

Reactions: taylormade73
Hey guys - new to this forum - hope to get some questions answered. I recently bought a 2004 Wrangler Sport 4.0 with an after market soft top - noticed water standing the floorboard after a rain. Found an OEM Mopar hardtop (the model that has the vents on rear corners) and replaced the soft top with this hardtop - still have water in the floorboard after a lengthy rain. Questions: 1) The people I bought the hardtop from gave me a crossmember with the hardtop but I'm not sure where it goes or if it's even for the hardtop - any info on this crossmember?

The crossmember reminds me of something I saw in a video a while back. The person below used one to prevent the hardtop from sagging in the middle while it was stored.

Reactions: Mjv
Those buckets are supposed to be used with a hardtop so leave them in. If 2 tops both leak at the same point odds are it isn't the top. Leaking at that corner would make me suspect the latch on the driver side A pillar isn't pulling tight enough for some reason. Either that or you don't have the tops properly centered when you tighten the latch.