Hardtop wiring question

Dryfly

Hey! I have a 2004 TJ Sport (4.0L / Manual) that came from the factory with soft top. I would like to add a hard top. I understand that in order for the rear wiper / defrost to work I need a wiring harness for that and MOPAR seems to have discontinued those. So... my question is...I have located a harness that came off of a 97-02 TJ, would that work and what modifications should I expect (Plugs I am assuming)? Is there anyone out there currently supplying harnesses for this specifically?

It's not hugely important that I hook up the rear wiper / defrost... but would like to have it since its there.

Thank you in advance for any advice, direction you can give.

I did my own. check this post. It helped me tremendously with a simple paper drawing. Now it doesn't look factory, so if you want that buy the correct switches water bottle pump and harness. I just wanted the wiper and defroster which the post below showed wiring and had a timed relay suggestion that worked. it is the frostfighter 2712 and it works great And it looks pretty good as well. . You can run all the wires to the factory switch location and use a toggle for the wiper.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/simple-tj-hardtop-wiring-harness.28637/#post-1078158