Hardtop wiring

There used to be a kit, but that is no longer in production. There are 2 ways to do it.

1st is to simply wire a switch to each of the correct pins and ground the ground pin. This would mean the defrost is always on when the switch is engaged, which is not recommended. A relay is required to drive the defrost.

The 2nd and better method is to wire it up as stock. You’ll need to buy the following parts:
OE defrost/wiper switches
Washer fluid bottle with 2 pumps and 1 additional harness
Body side wiring harness
12 and 18 awg wire
Various wire connectors, tape, solder, etc.
Wiring harness pins from another wiring harness (stereo harnesses work well as a source)
Flexible tubing
HBL relay
Fuse tap and fuse

Basically what you need to do is go through the wiring diagrams in the FSM and copy every missing wire. As I recall I had to add 3 or 4 pins to various wiring harnesses, including the giant harness left of the clutch pedal and the harnesses that connect into the instrument cluster

There used to be a kit, but that is no longer in production. There are 2 ways to do it.

1st is to simply wire a switch to each of the correct pins and ground the ground pin. This would mean the defrost is always on when the switch is engaged, which is not recommended. A relay is required to drive the defrost.

The 2nd and better method is to wire it up as stock. You’ll need to buy the following parts:
OE defrost/wiper switches
Washer fluid bottle with 2 pumps and 1 additional harness
Body side wiring harness
12 and 18 awg wire
Various wire connectors, tape, solder, etc.
Wiring harness pins from another wiring harness (stereo harnesses work well as a source)
Flexible tubing
HBL relay
Fuse tap and fuse

Basically what you need to do is go through the wiring diagrams in the FSM and copy every missing wire. As I recall I had to add 3 or 4 pins to various wiring harnesses, including the giant harness left of the clutch pedal and the harnesses that connect into the instrument cluster

Thx for the info.