Has anyone ever had Treadwright tires on their Jeeps?

GorillaBiscuit

TJ Enthusiast
Hey guys,
I just found this company in Texas called Treadwright Tires that makes remolded tires. I'm real curious to know if anyone here as ever heard of them, or ever used them on their Jeep. I'm thinking about trying them out, but I definitely want to know more before I spend the money.

Well, I saw two things in that video that makes me want to stay away from these tires. One is when the tech has them on the balance machine it spins up wanting 3.75oz on the inside lip when there is already a half pound of lead there. That tire was obviously having balancing issues, and the whole time the guy is going on and on about how balancing them was not an issue. I was a tech for almost 20 years, I've balanced more tires than I could even begin to count. When tires like that keep spinning up and wanting weight every time, it's not right. Ending up with 5lbs of lead tacked on to your rims is just not a good balance. Lol
Second was when he said he had a bulge in the sidewall, and he said the company told him it was nothing to worry about. Every shop I've ever worked at has always had the same policy, a tire with a bulge in the sidewall needs to be replaced and is not safe.
I know every circumstance is different, and off road tires in general always require more weight than regular passenger tires, so I will keep watching review videos, and do some more digging. This is interesting.
Thanks for posting that.

Reactions: reddvltj and JMT
I wouldn’t bother. My Thailand tires were cheap, I paid right at $100 each shipped for 33x12.50x15’s and I’m really happy with them for the price.

I was apprehensive but I needed tires and wheels when I didn’t have a lot of spare cash (mines a toy but I had just sold my truck and it needed to be a DD for a short period) .

So I bought some Thunderer MT’s and I honestly really like them!!! And they aren’t retreads.

Reactions: Chris
@Rubi04 , Right on! I think I will either wait and get some BFGs or look into some cheaper name brands. I hear a lot of good things about them Cooper ties. I'll look into the Thunderer MTs also.

No worries man. If you are not in a hurry like I was, buy what you really want.

Again, I’m happy. It against my nature to buy off brand tires but this company has been around the commercial truck tire scene for a long time so I rolled the dice.

My personal preference is BFG, Maxxis, Coopers. You can’t go wrong if you pick the right tire for your purpose.

Tried them. Had one blow out in a sidewall. They replaced it under warranty. A second suffered tread separation. They WOULD'T replace that one. But they offered a replacement at a discount. They said that they didn't warranty them for tread separation, but it didn't happen very often.
I bought new tires elsewhere. I bought Westlake's from Walmart. Cheap chinese, but I haven't had a problem with them.

Reactions: GorillaBiscuit
Goodyear wrangler MTr, BFG ko2, bfg km3, or Goodyear duratrac are all also great choices.

I was actually really wanting to buy a set of the GoodYear Wrangler MTRs, but they are more expensive than the BFG KO2s. I really like the GoodYear Wrangler MTRs, that's what's on my Jeep now. 265/75/16 tires on the jeep, and the old 245/75/16 bolted on the back tailgate. Lol

Reactions: Starrs
Neighbor had them on his 3/4 ton Dodge. Every conversation at some point brought up 'those 💩 tires!' Wouldn't stay ballanced. Wore in bizarre tread patterns. And 💩 the bed in under 20,000 miles. He would8even use them on farm equipment. Only thing they did good was ♨️.

@Goatman Hahahahaha! Dang, I'm really glad I got on here and asked about these tires! I was ready to drop the 500 bucks and try a set out, now I think I'll save some money and get some new GoodYear Wrangler MTRs, or some BFG ko2's someday. I definitely won't be buying any remolded tires. Lol

Check Facebook marketplace and craigslist for used tires in good condition. All of my tires on my TJ and Ranger have been lightly used and purchased for a fraction of the price of new. I got my 35’’ KM2’s with 5k miles on them for $600, no issues almost 10k miles later.

Check Facebook marketplace and craigslist for used tires in good condition. All of my tires on my TJ and Ranger have been lightly used and purchased for a fraction of the price of new. I got my 35’’ KM2’s with 5k miles on them for $600, no issues almost 10k miles later.

Heck yea, I'll do some Googling! I like saving money. Lol

I picked up these 31x10.50 Cooper’s with the 15x8 steelies for $400 at the beginning of the year. They had 8k miles on them at the time. The deals are out there, just be patient and consistent with searching once or twice a day.
3D6BB17D-AEB8-4B29-9105-1259557B8B50.jpeg

@Goatman Hahahahaha! Dang, I'm really glad I got on here and asked about these tires! I was ready to drop the 500 bucks and try a set out, now I think I'll save some money and get some new GoodYear Wrangler MTRs, or some BFG ko2's someday. I definitely won't be buying any remolded tires. Lol
I was going to pick up some too. Dumb luck he stopped by. I was shaking my piggy bank and rolling pennies when I saw he already had them.

I sold 4 35’s on rims for $50 on CL the other day. They literally sold in 1 hour