Has anyone ever tried to trade you for your TJ?

I traded my side x side UTV to some kid for my 2001 TJ plus he gave me cash to settle the difference in value. I wasn't looking to get rid of it but I never really used the UTV and now I have a spare rig to putz around with. It was a great day for me nonetheless. And it has proven to be a great swap! :D

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Sounds like you made out!!!

I came out of CVS last night to find an identical jeep parked next to mine and the couple looking thru my interior. Turns out his was a 98 (mine is a 97) and he'd been looking for a matching one for his wife. She liked my red and black interior as he had same covers in blue and black. They were kinda pushy about what I'd need to sell it and didn't wanna walk away. Finally when they wouldn't stop talking, I opened the glove box and pulled out 3 receipts. Told the guy here is the $9,350 in repair bills done in the last 30 days and I doubt he'd pay what I'd want to sell it (fyi - it's not actually for sale) Stood there talked to his wife then said we can do $10k. Yeah that's not happening so I guess he'll keep looking for another white one. Besides my mechanic asked for first dibs if it was sold.

Reactions: Chris