Has anyone reattached some velcro to the back side of the stock carpet?

rebelles

TJ Enthusiast
I am doing a little cosmetic fix up on another TJ I picked. The previous owner had removed the carpet but I wanted to put some back in. Picked up a decent used set and cleaned/pressure washed them. I noted the rear fender well pieces are missing the Velcro pieces that attach to the opposite side velcro towards the rear gate opening. Has anyone reattached some velcro to the back side of the carpet? It looks like it was original held on by some sort of adhesive.

I installed a new ACC carpet. I cut it to fit and used nothing, other than what needed to be bolted back, to hold it in place.

In your case, if it doesn’t fit and stay in place to your liking, maybe use some double sided 3M tape or velcro. You could go all fancy and put in snap fixtures, I think some parts of the factory used snaps on the front sections.

Yes, the stock carpet has some snaps which are on the carpet i got. It also has some other hood downs up on the front firewall (plastic push on things). My tub has the one side of Velcro still attached in the rear cargo area on the side panels just to the right and left of the door opening but the carpet piece side of the Velcro has come off. Looks like the easiest thing would be to reattach two pieces of Velcro but would prefer to do it once with the correct type of adhesive

I had the same problem when I installed a new set of ACC carpets. I tried using stick on velcro tape but it did not work well. It did not hold the carpet down, as I thought it would, and if you tried to remove the carpet it just took off the velcro. I bought some adhesive spray and sprayed it on both the fender well and the back of the carpet and haven't had any issues with it.