Has anyone run the Eaton e-lockers?

Mine survived this level of damage and still operates (I'm lucky!). Love my Elocker.

IMG_20150523_163446804.jpg
IMG_20150523_163442588_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150523_163122652.jpg

"Professionally" installed. 5 yrs and 50K miles after install is when the ring gear bolts backed out...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: MikeE024 and SvtLdr
And what does that have to do with the ECTED I was talking about?

Sure they have a clutch-based product called a Select-A-Loc for a Dana 60/Dana 70, but that product has an electrical ability added to actually lock it that the ECTED does not. The ECTED for the Dana 30, Dana 35, and Dana 44 is also clutch-pack based but without a mechanical means to lock it, which makes it a real POS because it has a very well known ability to slip when under pressure on the trail.
I guess I was just trying to point out that they have a good clutchless, fully mechanical good design, they are just to stupid to apply it to all the other axles. Btw, my Ected has never slipped once when it would work. The issue is it not working lol Eaton is the way to go for sure.

I guess I was just trying to point out that they have a good clutchless, fully mechanical good design, they are just to stupid to apply it to all the other axles. Btw, my Ected has never slipped once when it would work. The issue is it not working lol Eaton is the way to go for sure.
Your ECTED will slip if you get enough pressure on it, that issue is well documented. Get on a steep climb with one rear tire doing the pushing and that's when an ECTED can slip.