Has anyone run these 6" wide Crown factory style flares?

I've seen them in person and they look stupid unless you have a wheel and tire that stick out very far.

Reactions: Elyse8743
FF624A75-3BB1-4AC4-9C0F-61E7DBEA5712.jpeg

yes.. when I first bought this Jeep they came on it.. they are ok if you run a wide tire and wheel combo to fill the area up.. I eventually got tired of the wide ness of them and went to stock flares

I went with these. https://www.extremeterrain.com/redrock-4x4-7in-flare-kit-j103869.html
I have 33x12.5 tires and I was trying to make it legal for coverage. They do cover the tires with only a bit of the sidewall sticking out. You have to look close. Installation took several hours because of the rear having a wheel well cover that has to be scooted out of the way to get on the backside for the nuts. I used my original bolts and the new plastic nuts behind, I didn’t know they were plastic. With the marker lights up front, I removed the wiring clip to give the wire the extra inch it needed to reach. The mounting holes did not line right up. I had to mount the center and then push the bottoms into place. To me it wasn’t an excessive amount of force or bend to get it there and I did it alone. I prefer the OEM look and these were as close as I could come. I only did it last month so I can’t vouch for longevity.

Reactions: Blondie70
If those are regular width flares, then those 6 inch ones will be about twice as wide. The regular flares are something like 3.25 inches. Rubicon and Sahara flares are something like 4.25. The 6 inch ones might look too big.

What size are tires and what’s the width and backspacing on your wheels?