Has anyone tried MasterCraft Courser MXT tires?

ranwilrw

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I am looking to replace the 30" at's with some 32" mt's. I am looking for something that will be a good compromise between aggressive and quit and also not break the bank. I have added a 2" budget boost and feel the 32's will be a good fit. I do use the Jeep as a DD, but only because I enjoy driving it so much. Only do light trails with an occasional mud hole. Has anyone tried the MC Courser mxt, and do think it would be a good fit for my usage. Actually, the all terrain 30's do a fairly decent job, but just look to wimpy.

I was and still would consider those for replacement tires. My personal opinion, they’re nice.

One of the only reasons I bought my Goodyear Duratracs over them was because the Goodyear weighed 5 lbs less than the MXT. Still, its a nice tire and I often picture them on my TJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ranwilrw
I have them in 33s but they actually measured somewhere in the spec sheet around 32.7ish. May have to look that up.

They are heavy tires with aggressive tread pattern. Mine is a mall crawler so no real offroading experience from it. I'd said a good AT tires will do for what you're trying to accomplish. These MT are loud!

Pic for reference when I did my alignment.

20190311_164157.jpg

I have them in 33s but they actually measured somewhere in the spec sheet around 32.7ish. May have to look that up.

They are heavy tires with aggressive tread pattern. Mine is a mall crawler so no real offroading experience from it. I'd said a good AT tires will do for what you're trying to accomplish. These MT are loud!

Pic for reference when I did my alignment.

View attachment 91532
How much lift do you have? And do you have any scrubbing on tight turns with the 12.5's? Those are the 2 main reasons for me not going with the 33's, but they look like they fit good on your tj.

My TJR had 315-75R16 MXT Coursers on it when I bought it, and I still run them. This being my first jeep, I don’t have anything to compare them to, but I don’t have any complaints. I off-road them in rocks and mud. Wish they were C or D load rated, but they’re E’s like all other MTs I’ve seen in this size. They rubbed my control arms at full turn, so I added 1.25” spacers to fix the problem.

22df0f9eaef2a19dfc9d4279de8ae865.jpg

I have them on my tj in 35 12.50 15 . They are ok, but nothing special in my opinion. I think the tread depth is a little shallow compared to the kevlar mtrs I ran before the mxts.

I am bumping down to 33s next time, and might try cooper stt, or go back to mtrs.

My daughter has Duratracs on her 2 door jk daily driver, and I am fairly impressed with how they are wearing.

Tires are like anything . Its tough to get a true unbiased review of just about anything. Most people want to claim their choice is the best.

I have them on my tj in 35 12.50 15 . They are ok, but nothing special in my opinion. I think the tread depth is a little shallow compared to the kevlar mtrs I ran before the mxts.

I am bumping down to 33s next time, and might try cooper stt, or go back to mtrs.

My daughter has Duratracs on her 2 door jk daily driver, and I am fairly impressed with how they are wearing.

Tires are like anything . Its tough to get a true unbiased review of just about anything. Most people want to claim their choice is the best.
I keep hearing a lot of good about the Duratracs, they are working their way up on my list.

Be honest with yourself with tire choice. If you don't need a nasty ass mud tire, dont get it. I am convinced a duratrac is a good do it all tire, much better than a bfg at, ( my opinion) plus the sidewall gives you the "aggressive" look.

Be honest with yourself with tire choice. If you don't need a nasty ass mud tire, dont get it. I am convinced a duratrac is a good do it all tire, much better than a bfg at, ( my opinion) plus the sidewall gives you the "aggressive" look.

Agree w you on the above. And personally, since running Duratracs myself, I will have a hard time going w anything different since they’ve done me so incredibly well in any scenario, including rocks.

I have them in a 37" X 12.50 X 17 on my lifted 05 F150. Been on there for a few years and still look pretty good. I paid right at $1000 for four 37's, which is alot cheaper than other 37's. Ive never gotten stuck with them, as long as my four wheel drive was working properly. Ford's 4wd system on this truck is the biggest piece of crap system I've ever seen. However, the Courser MXTs work well and I will probably put them on my TJ when the STT's wear out that the PO put on it. Mastercraft is owned by Cooper anyway, so................

Doug

R
[
I'm starting to think now that the Dick Cepek Fun Country may be what I want, good cross between mt and at.

How much lift do you have? And do you have any scrubbing on tight turns with the 12.5's? Those are the 2 main reasons for me not going with the 33's, but they look like they fit good on your tj.

2" pro comp lift with 3/4" poly spacer in the front. 3 washers for the steering stops. Doesn't rub on full lock. Mainly just a daily. Not sure how it'll do offroad.

If you feel you really don’t need a MT take a look at the Mastercraft AXTs. I’m running them in a 30”, good meaty tread for an AT. Good in the mud and rocks and not noisy on the road.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.