Has anyone used Rhino Liner or Line-X to on their tub?

Jess

Has anyone used Rhino Liner or Line-X to on their tub (inside)? Thinking about it.....

I personally wouldn't like it, it's more noisy without carpeting and i'd think its be harder to get clean since it's gritty. I'd think the black liner would get hot in the summer sun.

Reactions: Jess
If only I could find the posts @mrblaine made about his experience with bedliner in tubs. Not only did it make me laugh, but I think it summed it up perfectly.

IMHO it's a waste of time. It's messy, doesn't hold up well, and it's hard to clean. It also looks like shit in short order.

Reactions: Bofa-Deez and Jess
I've been thinking about it for the purpose of sound deadening and placing carpet over top for looks. As long as you're not planning any body modifications you won't have to worry about removing it.

IMHO it's a waste of time. It's messy, doesn't hold up well, and it's hard to clean. It also looks like shit in short order.
I feel the same about carpet in a jeep, unless it never goes off road.

I have a DIY type bedliner, unknown brand, put in by a PO. Other than the less than professional application, I love it. It's tan, has decent grip, doesn't really show a lot of dirt, and is easy to keep clean (pull plugs and use a hose). Now it will never be mistaken for a show quality vehicle, but it suits my use. Not sure I would feel the same about a black hard spray liner like Line-x though.

The only down side for me is that the wife, who always wears flip flops in the summer, complains sometimes about the heat in the floorboard, but thick rubber floormats work pretty good.

Last edited:
Is this thread a joke?

Of course people have done this. There are umpteen- thousand threads on it. Don’t do it. If you do, put carpet over it. Unless you live at the N Pole.

Reactions: Hopper
This was Raptorliner. It's not gritty at all, but has a sort of orange peel look to it. It was thicker than hell and super durable.

2019-11-02_10-32-53.jpg

Reactions: JMT
Is this thread a joke?

Of course people have done this. There are umpteen- thousand threads on it. Don’t do it. If you do, put carpet over it. Unless you live at the N Pole.
how very quaint, seems nowadays bedliner is the new wrapping or plastidipping when it comes to painting a vehicle. ;)

If only I could find the posts @mrblaine made about his experience with bedliner in tubs. Not only did it make me laugh, but I think it summed it up perfectly.

I did it to my last TJ and my experience matched his. Noisy, radiated heat from under the body and looked like crap in short order. Never again.

I used Upol Raptor liner and the product and finish were awesome. It was just the wrong application for me.

Reactions: Chris
I did it to my last TJ and my experience matched his. Noisy, radiated heat from under the body and looked like crap in short order. Never again.

I used Upol Raptor liner and the product and finish were awesome. It was just the wrong application for me.

I think it works given the right application. However, the right application is NOT the entire tub (inside or out).

The problem I have is that in the PNW it rains and many times when its not predicted to... guess its due to me living in the foothills. My carpet gets wet and I pull out the seats and carpet to get it dried... 3rd time this year. Sometimes its hard to predict when its going to happen. I was considering doing a spray in liner for this purpose.

I wouldn't do it. It would be to hot for me. If I did do it I would use a low pressure system over a hi pressure system. The hi pressure system like linex is tough to clean(bumpier or stippled) by the hi pressure atomization. Low pressure like Rhino would be more orange peel and be sprayed somewhat smooth. If I was putting carpet over it I would just do DIY stuff. If I wanted to sound deaden I would use sound deadening material instead. Just my two cents.

Reactions: John Cooper
I did Monstaliner and I do like the sealant factor but other than that I probably wouldn't do it again. It took me way too much time and it's not invincible.

i did entire tub inside and out love it raptor liner black inside and underneath the green stock color on outside but i put carpet back in as well

Personally, I would do it, not as the PO of my wrangler did it. I would ensure that every nook and cranny has been smoothed over and sealed with professional seam sealer. Then I would use something like lizard skins for temp and sound control then any of their color top coats. This way it is not only functional, but also looks good.

I have been chasing cracks on what the PO did and sanding them and patching them with rhino liner/Raptor liner cans. Next year for sure I will apply a full coat of the skin and maybe go a lighter topcoat rather than black. There are other things I want to tackle first on the jeep.

Yes you can apply it with a brush if need be.