Has your Jeep ever been so cold that water condensates inside the hardtop?

Joseph

TJ Enthusiast
I’ve owned my Jeep almost 2 years now, never got to experience this. Sitting in my Jeep at work waiting and felt some cold run down my neck. My whole hard top is like this! Thought it was pretty interesting, now all my stuff is getting dripped on. Has anyone else experienced this? Happy commutes in the winter all

0C65E0EC-6BD8-4E6C-B06C-F860518C034E.jpeg

519BAA47-A226-496C-A32D-18D060362EB6.jpeg

Happens to mine every now and then. I notice it in the spring sometimes as well. Jumped in one day and wondered why my seat was wet, until I looked up lol It’s not a leak issue, it’s a condensation issue.

Reactions: rubicube
Make sure your fan isn’t on recirculation. Running a higher fan speed on the heater should help bring in drier outside air. Also check to make sure the hardtop or tailgate vents aren’t blocked.

A hardtop insulation kit like the Boom Mat would also help

It happens to me when I'm sleeping inside. It's caused by breathing out humidity and it collects on the roof and drips back down. If you've ever parked and talked to someone and the windows fogged up it's the same thing.

Never had it happen, but it’s condensation. Stop breathing so heavy! You could put a liner on the top that would help absorb moisture and also sound deaden.

Happened to me just this past weekend on a snow run during inclement weather and drastic elevation changes. My AC is not working, so I attribute this as a culprit.

I doubt it's condensation, but humidity inside the rig. Put a dehumidifier inside it whenever your not using it. I use those little Dry-Z-Air dehumidifiers in the boat & other vehicles if I don't use them for a bit.

Too much humidity inside and too much cold snow on the roof.
Sweep the roof and crack a window open.

Looks like yer Jeep is happy.
Oh she’s far from happy, I just started a new job not too long ago and things are starting to smooth out. I’m overheating a bit at idle, today it got worse than ever. Hit about 230. I have to prime the fuel rail 2 times before I can finally engage the starter and I just did the whole fuel pump assembly in March. I should’ve cleaned the tank probably when I did it. Guess i’ll be doing it in the cold!

I have seen-60 and the breather on the engine froze up, over pressurizing the crankcase, blowing out the seal on the timing cover.