Tennessee Hawk Pride 5/20

How was the ride? We have never been, but are going next weekend and looking for suggestions.

Weather was not great and decided to stay home. I was invited to Stoney Lonesome for Saturday 5/27 and considering getting a room and do Hawk Pride Sunday. What part of TN are you from?

Merlin, Fatty's, Whiskey Run are probably my favorites. There is 4 or 5 trails that are not too long that are all close together that have names of different rattle snakes are fun. Broke Foot is one that no matter who leads will most likely take the group on it.

Reactions: 1o1proof
Merlin, Fatty's, Whiskey Run are probably my favorites. There is 4 or 5 trails that are not too long that are all close together that have names of different rattle snakes are fun. Broke Foot is one that no matter who leads will most likely take the group on it.

Don’t forget Maverick and Goose!

Alway wanted to ride Meg Ryan, but I haven't found that trail there yet…

🙂

Wouldn't been able to make it this past weekend and I won't be able to get out until July, but PM me next time because I don't always check the forums.

May try to hit that new park in Waverly TN, West Tuskessee Off-Road Park, sometime this summer.

1o1, not sure of your wheeling experience or what your looking for, so can't recommend trails.
But I can provide the following guidance:
Run Jester (trail 22), it starts right at the bottom of Big Hill just left of the pole barn. It starts off with a little off camber with you leaning drivers side in a ditch (but not too much of a lean), then there is a few rock gardens to pick your way through. You can do it on 33's with no lockers if you pick your lines right through the rocks.

If you like Jester and want to run similar:
Diamond Back beginning section (trail 7),
Timber Rattler (trail 8),
Thompson Trail (do the loops, look at map you will see what I mean) (trail 71),
Lower Broke Foot (39)

If you like Jester and want to run a little harder (recommend 35's, lockers, tummy tucked):
Waterfall (55),
Lucky's (23),
Lucky's loop (23a),
Middle and Upper Brokefoot (40 and 41),
Western Diamondback (7a)

even Harder (35s, lockers, tucked):
Cherokee (98),
Back door (42),
Merlin (112),
Goose (4),
Ghost Rider (5),
Maverick (3),
Ol' 21 (56)

If you didn't like Jester and want easier, just stay on Green (Easy) trails.

There are videos on many trails at HP. Watch some and see what you think. There are not very many places that I would consider dangerous. Have you been to any other parks? What is the least capable rig in in your group?

Reactions: 1o1proof
Wouldn't been able to make it this past weekend and I won't be able to get out until July, but PM me next time because I don't always check the forums.

May try to hit that new park in Waverly TN, West Tuskessee Off-Road Park, sometime this summer.

Don't use waze to get there, although I'm guessing you aren't coming from Nashville area. It had me on a narrow country road about 10 minutes out and the bridge was out. I had to turn around through someones field towing my jeep with a 2wd truck.

I didn't do any of the harder trails but the guys I was with tried some and failed at others. If I remember correctly one hill call slick willy they said no one has made it up. I watched a built LJ fail on 42" stickies and a buggy also failed.

I had a problem with one hill, not enough wheel spin and the mud wasn't slinging out of my treads fast enough to make it but half way up.

Thanks a lot for the info, great info @gasiorv. I guess mine is the least capable, rubicon, 2.5 lift with 35s otherwise stock. We are heading out in about 1 hour, will report back on how things went.

Edit to say I’m taking the JK not the TJ, don’t ban me! :eek:

Reactions: Brianj5600
Also, if yall do make it to Waverly give us a shout, we live about 40 minutes from that park.
Have yet to go since it reopened, it used to be pretty buggy and SXS oriented.

A little slow in posting but, thanks again for the info everyone. Everyone had a great time and really liked the park. We were very lucky and it rained the day before and cut the dust down…so nice not to be eating dirt all day.

Great park, good location…we will be going back.

Reactions: Brianj5600