Oklahoma Headed to Disney, OK this weekend

hear

Can't type
Lifetime Supporting Member
Annual trip to wheel behind the dam area. It just rained a TON so it looks to be a very different experience than what we had last year , where the water was way way low.

The wrinkle this year is that I'm driving the TJ I bought 3 days ago, so it's not battle tested. I have the opportunity to flat tow it home, so all I really need to do is get it there I guess. It's a manual and I've never wheeled a stick before. And on top of that my normal TJ is on 3.55's whereas this one is on 4.56's, so when you factor in all the ratios I basically have to relearn how to drive & manage the gears.

There isn't a ton of rock crawling so I don't think the stick will be a huge factor, but that sounds like famous last words. I plan to give it a nice long drive tomorrow to really see how it does, I've never driven it for more than 30 or so minutes on the highway before. Disney is 5 hrs away. At least I have cruise and I think the A/C works well enough to use.

have fun. we went in June and it was 100 degrees; my wife has less of a heat tolerance than I do when it comes to wheeling so we just messed around a bit in the morning below the dam and by the time we tried to hit the woods trails to get in the shade, it was packed with slow moving traffic. Now that schools started I suspect it won't be as crowded.